Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off

Discus and support Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox series X set to turn on and off my tv when the xbox turns on or off. This works as expected when I turn on and off the Xbox directly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WorstLoginEver, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off

I have my Xbox series X set to turn on and off my tv when the xbox turns on or off.

This works as expected when I turn on and off the Xbox directly but when my Xbox turns itself off via power options after 3 hours of inactivity it does not turn off the tv. This issue occurs on both my tvs and with 2 different brand new Xbox series X. This is 100% replicate-able.

:)

WorstLoginEver, Dec 22, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Was this working before?
    • When did the issue started?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

In shutdown mode, your console is shut down to save energy:

• Lowest power consumption
    • Environmentally friendly
    • Console can take up to 45 seconds to start up
    • You must press the Xbox button to start the console on either the console or the controller
    To change this setting:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
    3. Select the Shutdown (energy saving) option.
    You can also choose to turn off the console after a specified period of inactivity, how you want to wake up your Xbox, and other power options:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options > Customize power options.
    • Choose the options you want.
    About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S

About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support
    How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC?

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  5. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  6. Janet_C Win User

Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself

It is strange that it only happens with YT.

Try uninstalling the app and then perform this process:

Go to Settings>System>Console Information

And restart keeping your games.

Note that the console accounts will be removed, so you will need to have the email and password for each account to log back in.

Your progress, achievements, purchases and other data will remain intact, don't worry about that, you won't lose any data, the only thing you need to do is to log in again.

Once completed, install YT again.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X doesn't turn tv off when the xbox turns itself off - Similar Threads - Series doesn't turn

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  5. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  6. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  7. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  8. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  9. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  10. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...