Xbox Series X doesn't support 120hz at 1440p on some monitors

Discus and support Xbox Series X doesn't support 120hz at 1440p on some monitors in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I currently own a Dell S2719DGF which supports, over HDMI 2.0, 1440p 144hz. I have no issues on PC getting the advertised specs but when I plug it into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AustinAltman1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X doesn't support 120hz at 1440p on some monitors

I currently own a Dell S2719DGF which supports, over HDMI 2.0, 1440p 144hz. I have no issues on PC getting the advertised specs but when I plug it into the Xbox Series X, the console doesn't allow 1440p at 120hz. It is a strange issue that seems to be mentioned
    in other forum posts but from what I can tell, Microsoft has yet to offer any insight as to when this will be fixed.

After speaking to support, Xbox engineers are aware of the issue but have not yet issued any statement on when this will be addressed.

The Dell S2719DGF has

2560 x 1440 at 155Hz (Overclock with DP)

2560 x 1440 at 144Hz (Native with HDMI 2/ DP)

2560 x 1440 at 60Hz (Native with HDMI1).

Does anybody have any information on when this will be addressed?

:)

AustinAltman1, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X. 1440p lies.

Without display 1.4 support there is no reason to target 1440p at 120hz. Only screens are able to do this have 4k 120hz with HDMI2.1.
    Hi,

Sorry you feel this way, but that is not true. There are compatibility issues with monitors and the Series X/S sure, but there are some monitors that can do 1440P 120Hz via HDMI 2.0 without issues.

The Five listed here
    from Rtings.com can all support 120Hz @ 1440P over HDMI 2.0.

I have also seen on here that the Samsung G7 can also do 1440P @120Hz effortlessly.

Just because your monitor doesn't work doesn't Microsoft were lying.

Also there is a lot more to the Series X than just a fast SSD. It has a GPU at least twice as fast as the Xbox One X and a CPU 3x faster. The Series X also has Raytracing.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
  5. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  6. APRenner13 Win User

120Hz at 1440p

For the Xbox one X you have to choose one or the other reguardless of the monitors specs. Either 1080p at 120hz or 1440p at 60hz. The Series X thats coming in November will support 4k at 120hz at the same time. đź‘Ť
Thema:

Xbox Series X doesn't support 120hz at 1440p on some monitors

1. Xbox Series X doesn't support 120hz at 1440p on some monitors - Similar Threads - Series doesn't support

2. Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X doesn't play "xbox one" discs: Just as said before my series X reads games like MK 1, but sekiro or cod ww2 or any xbox one games, even if it's a cross tittle, just recent games. Bought at 2021, no warranty anymore...
  3. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  4. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet: So I've tried every single fix out there to try and fix the issue but my console won't connect to the xbox network. I can't sign in as it says I do not have an Internet connect but when I click...
  7. Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...: This is preventing me from capturing necessary footage & I beg you guys to work on this as soon as possible. When Recording with a USB or sometimes even normal recording, if you press stop button...
  8. Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S saying it's connected to network only in network settings. It doesn't act or...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  9. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  10. Why doesn't Xhox One Fully support 3d, or Xbox Series S at support 3d at all?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't Xhox One Fully support 3d, or Xbox Series S at support 3d at all?: I was trying to place Super Mario Bros Movie in 3D and the only place to get it is on Vudu. Nowhere in the world can you buy Super Mario Bros Movie in 3D on Blu-Ray. So I hook up my Xbox One S...