Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

Discus and support Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by morswinn, Sep 15, 2022.

1. morswinn
    morswinn Guest

Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem?

Hi! XBOX Series X Disc Drive make this sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? Im little worried because this is my first console with disc drive.

You can hear some "sratching noises" and buzzing sound.

Here is the video when I install something. https://youtube.com/shorts/pwmVIOZBPOk?feature=share

:)

morswinn, Sep 15, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is that an external USB drive in front of it?

Because it sounds like normal disc spin, combined with head moving in the drive. It doesn't sound like the BD drive, that's more of a "zip" sound
  3. Francia J. Win User

That's also a possibility. Please test all disc that you have to ensure.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

No, it’s not normal. Kindly switch the position of your console and check if the same issue will occur, if yes, you may need to get the console repaired by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/devices.
  5. morswinn Win User

Hello,
    I will check it. I noticed that sometimes sound is more quitter when I install different disc. It can by something with disc?
  6. morswinn Win User

No USB devices at all. Just xbox
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X disc drive sound when installing from disc. Is this correct or a problem? - Similar Threads - Series disc drive

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  4. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  5. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....
  6. Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?: My Xbox series x will no longer install disks ,or read some disks. I was able to get one game to install, and load, but that’s it. Is there any way for me to fix this? I no longer have a warranty...
  7. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  8. When is the patented disc drive going to release for the Series S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When is the patented disc drive going to release for the Series S console?: Microsoft filed for a patent to create an external disk drive for the series s console over a year ago and has been dead silent on the topic ever since. Will we get any updates any time soon? Or...
  9. XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES: Am i seriously going to need to start a class action lawsuit over the new series x only reading certian games? Its been almost 9 months ive waited for an update to fix. Certain games play, others...
  10. 2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install: Like the title says this is the 2nd brand new copy of Lego 2k Drive that simply doesn't do anything when put into my Xbox series x. I've went through all the generic trouble shooting including...