Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

Discus and support Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; TV: LG OLED77CX3 Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050 Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/maciusr, Nov 26, 2020.

1. /u/maciusr
    /u/maciusr Guest

Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha)

TV: LG OLED77CX3

Amplifier: Yamaha RX-A2050

Xbox Series X is connected directly to TV HDMI input (for HDR and 120hz compatibility) and sound is routed via TV to the amplifier via HDMI ARC. After TV or/and Xbox goes to standby problem starts.

When trying to turn on the TV - HDMI CEC/ARC functionality stops working (essentially TV doesn't turn on/off Amplifier, there is no control via TV remote and no sound via ARC). To resolve that I need to put the TV and amp to stand-by - pull out Xbox HDMI cable, start TV (which then without problems starts amplifier as well), and plug XBox back to TV. That works OK until I turn the system off for more than a couple of minutes.

I have two other devices connected directly to the TV (Playstation 5 and Apple TV 4K) and there is no similar issue with HDMI CEC / ARC with those.

submitted by /u/maciusr
    [link] [comments]

/u/maciusr, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

: Xbox One X won't turn on my TV anymore

Have you checked the TV itself?

I have an LG TV (different model) and sometimes HDMI-CEC is disabled on my Xbox One X's HDMI input after I change audio output (if I want to use my headphones for a while, for example). Its weird, I've never been able to get to the bottom of why
    it happens but, sure enough, go to my TV's general settings while on the HDMI input and SIMPLINK (LG's name for HDMI-CEC) is off. Turn it back on and I'm good to go.

- Jason
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  4. seicam Win User

No TV Audio from Xbox One Passthrough?

Can you explain this a bit more? I have a slightly different setup and trying to get it to work.

I have the following:

- Comcast Settop box

- Xbox one

- Yamaha receiver

- LG TV

I have connected:

Settop to Xbox, through HDMI

Xbox to Yamaha, through HDMI

LG TV was already connected to Yamaha, and I have been switching everything thorough Yamaha already.

Everything works fine except one thing - audio for Live TV. I have audio for games, video, etc, everything that comes from Xbox directly. Live TV video works, but no audio. I have gone through the Live TV setup and Xbox correctly controls the settop box
    (channels up/down).

Previously the settop box was connected directly to Yamaha, through the same HDMI, and everything worked.

Any ideas?
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Xbox One X setup with Soundbar

Just wondering what's the best way to setup my xbox, TV & Soundbar.

At the minute my xbox one x is connected to LG TV via hdmi and the TV and Yamaha Soundbar via hdmi (arc). Just wondering if it'd be better to connect the xbox to the Soundbar instead of TV (and leave the TV Soundbar connection via Arc as is).

It doesn't do ATMOS but does do surround and DTS.

Many thanks

Jason
    IMO this is already the best scenario possible.

The first thing you must know is that every device have an inevitable input lag, the game mode in modern TV help to reduce it by turning off some image enhancement.

If you connect the Xbox One to the Soundbar, you may risk to add input lag because you have another device that must elaborate and pass video to the tv that can elaborate the video too.

I'm using an Xbox One X directly connected to a Samsung Q9FN 55" and a 7.1 audio system connected to HDMI ARC, my audio/tv don't support Dolby Atmos, but all works fine.
  6. Rotzetool Win User

Sound issue with the Stereo headset adapter

Yes the controller + adapter is up to date. The problem seems to be connected to how the console handles the hdmi output. It seems when the connection is not present anymore the console disables the output.

If somebody could test this on their console it could be really helpful. Basically change the input on the TV or Receiver the xbox is connected to and check if the headset still plays the xbox audio.

Maybe the issue is connected to my HDMI receiver and how it handles hdmi-switching. I also tried to disable HDMI-CEC and ARC but the problem still exists.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X disables HDMI CEC / ARC connectivity from TV (LG) to Amplifier (Yamaha) - Similar Threads - Series disables HDMI

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  4. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  5. Xbox series s, ingame chat disable ingame sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s, ingame chat disable ingame sound: Hello everyone, I just bought my console a few days ago so im relative new to this one but i have some technical experience in general.. So i was playing for example the game Path of Titans on...
  6. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  7. How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?: How do I disable the auto save system in Cyberpunk 2077? I am playing the game on Xbox Series X and the game is auto saving once a minute. The auto save system is wearing out my SSD really fast...
  8. How do you disable autocorrect on xbox series x. Also why does it say its an xbox one and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you disable autocorrect on xbox series x. Also why does it say its an xbox one and...: Keeps telling me to update offline? Why? I have auto update on. Plus I cant turn off autocorrect and it fills in words i dont use at all. Like token and product management. Also keeps downloading...
  9. Is there any way to disable the onscreen keyboard on my xbox series s?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to disable the onscreen keyboard on my xbox series s?: I primarily play games with a keyboard and mouse, so it’s really annoying to have a massive text box pop up on my screen when I try to type something. This is especially annoying with Minecraft...
  10. Disabling the On-Screen Keyboard on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disabling the On-Screen Keyboard on Xbox Series X: So, I am trying to use the Microsoft Edge Browser with a keyboard and mouse to make it more like using a PC for homework among other things. The only problem is that anytime I am typing, the on...