Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I need some serious help! So I have been experiencing some extremely abnormal data usage readings on my xbox series X ever since I got it (late... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Defessa Phoenix, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue

Hello. I need some serious help!

So I have been experiencing some extremely abnormal data usage readings on my xbox series X ever since I got it (late December 2020). Prior to having the Xbox Series X, I had the Xbox One X and I would use on average anywhere from 400-800GB of data per month. According to the bandwidth usage tool in the settings, in the past two months, I have supposedly used 2.94TB in February and 3.22TB in March. That is absolutely ridiculous and HAS to be an error. I have my xbox on energy-saving mode, automatic updates are therefore off.... I'm at a loss as to how this is possible. The household I reside in has a data cap of 2TB. We received an over-usage fee of over $600 this past month. $600!

This is where it gets weird.

Ever since receiving that bill, I've been intently monitoring the data usage of my xbox. When I'm gaming, it would use anywhere from 25-600MB/hr, depending on the game I would play. If I was watching something like Twitch, YouTube or Hulu, it would be anywhere from 1.5-4GB/hr. A few days later, here we are -- April 5th, 2020. Data has been relatively normal up until now (except why in the world does it take so much data to browse the xbox store?) but from 5pm-6pm, it had a reading of 3.18TB! I was on before 5 but had to be somewhere at that time and didn't get home until almost 6. I'm 99.9% certain I had turned my xbox off before leaving.

How in the world is this possible and how do I get it to stop? Seriously, this needs to be addressed ASAP because there's no way my family and I can afford another bill like last month, which if it was caused by whatever is causing this -- which it likely is -- we shouldn't be held responsible for this...

:)

Defessa Phoenix, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Bandwith Usage Question

Hi Naviv, my name is Oskayra it is my pleasure to answer your question:

If you set the refresh period to 1 day, the Xbox Series X console will collect bandwidth usage data for 24 hours and then update it in the Settings panel. This will allow you to see how your bandwidth has been used over the previous day.

If you want to delete or reset your bandwidth usage for a month, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & System > Settings.
    3. Select System > Updates & Downloads.
    4. 4. Select Bandwidth Usage.
    5. 5. Select Reset.

This will clear all bandwidth usage data for the current month.

You can also clear or reset the bandwidth usage for a specific game or application. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select My Games and Apps.

3. Select the game or application you want to delete or reset.

4. 4. Select More Options > Game Information.
    5. Scroll down to the "Bandwidth Usage" section and select Reset.

This will remove all bandwidth usage data for that game or application.

Regards, Oskayra
  4. DandySpectre Win User

My Series X no longer recognises my Samsung T5 external SSD for media. Help!

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Seagate 5TB external storage that is no longer detectable for multimedia usage after the sept 24 system update on xbox series x. A friend of mine who has a xbox one x is having similar issues with a 4 tb HDD. The bizarre thing is if I connect any HDD with 1TB (or less), it's detectable with no issues. Hopefully this bug is fixed soon.
  5. 1729 Win User

Minecraft Star Wars Mashup won’t download

Same issue on Xbox Series X,

I deleted data from 'worlds' and 'resources' but still end up with an 'update' button that doesn't work after redownloading it again.
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Series X disc drive question

I'm pretty sure, TylerG5.

As a console gamer, I've inserted and ejected discs hundreds of times across my Xbox consoles (Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X), and to this day, I've never had any issues with them.

Constantly inserting and ejecting discs is considered normal usage for a console, so it should have no impact on the state of your console's disc drive.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue

1. Xbox Series X Data Usage Issue - Similar Threads - Series Data Usage

2. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  3. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  4. Xbox Series X 100% Packet data loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 100% Packet data loss: Issue started last night.... doing a speed test... Download 956 Upload 183 Packet loss 100% Test again immediately Download 872 Upload 250 Packet loss 0% Worked with my Isp for hours......
  5. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S): During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the...
  6. EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?: I played the trial version of EAFC 24 on my Xbox One and made progress in Career mode and in Ultimate Team. I have since upgraded to a Series X and bought a copy that works on both consoles. I...
  7. Can I transfer data from an Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer data from an Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X?: Can I transfer data from an Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X? ..... HELP! 70ed8e39-42cf-479a-bb82-ee3b09579eb9
  8. Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I...: Even after deleting STARFIELD "Save Data" on Series S, the game crashes very frequently. I need help 9988fae2-4bf1-4c16-871f-20c5a14fc725
  9. Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after deleting "Saved Data" from STARFIELD on Series S, the game crashes So Often. Am...: Hi all, I have been thoroughly enjoying STARFIELD on my Series S but I am getting really fed up with all the crashes. I've applied all the recommendations on the Bethesda site and still having...
  10. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...