XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.

Discus and support XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After 30 seconds my Xbox series X cuts off. There is no display at all to my monitor. I tried a new hdmi, and it was still was not displaying any image... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xTriPlEcLuTchx, May 18, 2023.

1. XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.

After 30 seconds my Xbox series X cuts off. There is no display at all to my monitor. I tried a new hdmi, and it was still was not displaying any image to my monitor. Also, the box will not stay on, but for 30 seconds. It would be one thing if I can have some display detected, but I have no display and it cuts off.

:)

xTriPlEcLuTchx, May 18, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

In order to fix this, you will need to perform some basic troubleshooting steps, here's how:

Confirm that both your TV and console are turned on

Check that your TV is set to the correct input signal (HDMI)

Check that the HDMI cable connections to your console and to your TV are secure

Confirm that the HDMI cable is connected to the "out to TV" port on the console

Plug the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV

Use a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV

Connect your console to a different TV

Power cycle your console by pressing and holding the Power button for 10 seconds to turn off the console, and then turning it on again

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Recommendations for a PC with optimal performance for FIFA 23 on Xbox One S and Xbox Series S/X

You've stated twice in your post about a PC. What exactly is it you're looking for? A PC or a Monitor?

If it's just a monitor you're after, don't make the mistake of buying 'any monitor' that fits your budget and hope that it works, because as SwordofWhedon has already stated, many monitors have compatibility issues with consoles. Just because a display says it does 144Hz, doesn't mean you'll get 120Hz on the Xbox. Many monitors, especially older models, have their own custom timings that don't conform to the VESA standard that the Xbox expects.

Series S is largely a 1080P console with some games running at 1440P. If you connect a Series S to a 4K display it won't look great. Series X looks good on both 1080P and 4K displays.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x#recommendation_264254
  4. Mohamad Shaheen 89 Win User

Recommendations for a PC with optimal performance for FIFA 23 on Xbox One S and Xbox Series S/X

You've stated twice in your post about a PC. What exactly is it you're looking for? A PC or a Monitor?

If it's just a monitor you're after, don't make the mistake of buying 'any monitor' that fits your budget and hope that it works, because as SwordofWhedon has already stated, many monitors have compatibility issues with consoles. Just because a display says it does 144Hz, doesn't mean you'll get 120Hz on the Xbox. Many monitors, especially older models, have their own custom timings that don't conform to the VESA standard that the Xbox expects.

Series S is largely a 1080P console with some games running at 1440P. If you connect a Series S to a 4K display it won't look great. Series X looks good on both 1080P and 4K displays.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x#recommendation_264254
    I apologize for not making my point clear earlier. I have an Xbox One S console and am looking for a monitor to connect it to in order to play FIFA 23. I am willing to spend a reasonable amount on a monitor, but I do not want it to be too expensive. I would like the monitor to be suitable for use with an Xbox Series S/X, in case I decide to upgrade in the future. I am seeking recommendations for monitors that are compatible with consoles and do not have any issues. Thank you.

I would like to inquire about the recommended budget monitor that costs only $300. Would this monitor be suitable for use with an Xbox Series S/X if I were to upgrade in the future?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p 120hz on xbox series x

Can't say for sure. This is an older HDMI 2.0 monitor. While most work, some of these displays limit the HDMI refresh rate to 100Hz, which would make 120Hz impossible.

You likely won't find this information any many reviews as Display Port is the common way to connect these displays to the main system they were designed for, PCs. Connecting gaming monitors to consoles in a recent thing, and not all monitors work well with Series X over HDMI. Just because the specs say 165Hz, doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get 120Hz over HDMI.

These monitors however, are all compatible with Xbox Series X|S https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S at 120hz on a DVI monitor

Even if you get one, there is no guarantee such an adaptor will work. The Xbox Series X and S consoles expect the display to output to an exact timing. It's likely that the DVI port has a different timing (like 119.88Hz or something like that). If the monitor does not not output the correct timing that the Xbox expects, it will not work, no matter what adaptor you buy. This is a display issue, not a console one.

It must be a pretty old monitor if it only has DVI and HDMI. There are plenty of gaming monitors that support the Series X|S, it might be a time to buy a new one.

Just because a display is 144Hz, does not mean it will automatically work on an Xbox console. Unlike the Xbox console, PC graphics cards don't need to have exact timings.
Thema:

1. XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor. - Similar Threads - SERIES cuts off

2. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  3. Xbox Series X cuts volume off completely when starting up any game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X cuts volume off completely when starting up any game: As stated, my Series X just randomly stopped playing back any audio once I start a game. I can listen through my headset, but my TV will not play back anything. With apps like YouTube it works...
  4. Why is my audio cutting out on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my audio cutting out on my series X: So I got a series x in June and a month ago ive noticed the audio cuts out after I start the console. I have two microsoft official headsets and they experience the same issue. both of these...
  5. Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x: So I have been using the official xbox wireless headset and for some reason whenever I start up the console the audio starts cutting out when doing anything. The only way to fix this is to reset...
  6. My xbox series x audio is cutting out

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series x audio is cutting out: So I have had a xbox series x for about three months. In the past two weeks I have started experiencing audio cutting out when I start my xbox. The only way to stop this from happening is to...
  7. Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out: I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth. When playing games with party chat / audio, the audio only works well 50% of the time. At random, audio quality...
  8. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  9. Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Fornite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Fornite: I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth. When playing Fortnite, the audio only works well 50% of the time. At random, audio quality will reduce, cut...
  10. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...