Xbox series x crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

Discus and support Xbox series x crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had no problems with my series x until around a week or so ago. Starting with GTA and elden ring exclusively crashing, I thought it was exclusive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by De1uXeL, Dec 24, 2022.

1. De1uXeL
    De1uXeL Guest

I've had no problems with my series x until around a week or so ago. Starting with GTA and elden ring exclusively crashing, I thought it was exclusive those games due to them having updates come out around the same time. But now red dead redemption 2 and another game has started to crash. Sometimes I crash to my dashboard, or the console just turns off completely. I have tried reinstalling the games mentioned, and restarting the Xbox by holding the power button until it turns off, and then unplugging it for 5 or so minutes, but nothing has worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

De1uXeL, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox problem.

Let's refresh the console's system cache and see if this helps.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If this does not help and if you are using an external hard drive, please remove the hard drive and try the games installed to your console.

If you are not using a hard drive, do a reset mentioned about and select delete everything to see if that helps.

If none of those steps work, I would already suggest taking the console in for service. You can do that through here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  3. Heather Fothergill Win User

Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

I have the exact same problem with our brand new series x. Thought it was overheating but after troubleshooting, it is completely shutting off around 9-15 minutes. I factory reset and the time between crashes is longer--45 minutes--but still crashing. Same result with different games. Seems silly to return the xbox for a new with the possibility of the same thing happening. Any resolution on how to fix this ASAP is desired!
  4. STR4NG3RS Win User

Warzone and Halo crashing/shutting off series x

Halo infinite was hard crashing a lot for me at launch but then seemed to work perfectly through December and now after the most recent update I’m back to crashing almost every game. The game even crashes in the main menu sometimes. Half the time it crashes to Xbox dashboard half the time it shuts the whole Xbox off. I’m on a series x. I’ve done all the troubleshooting tips. This game is broken.
  5. JeremyLazarus Win User

Warzone and Halo crashing/shutting off series x

I uninstalled and reinstalled warzone this morning. First game on, within 30 seconds of the game, instead of crashing to the dashboard, my Xbox shut off completely…
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox Series X crashing and shutting off

Really then, I advise you to activate the warranty. If it actually ended already, you will be charged a fixed amount for this repair.

Enter the link, register the console.

After, click on it, go to 'online service'. In the category put hardware and drivers and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox series x crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together - Similar Threads - series crashing dashboard

2. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  3. Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, the game crashes after 2-3 minutes: I bought a used Xbox Series X that had crashing issues in more demanding games (Xbox 360 games work perfectly fine), I decided to change thermal paste to see if it changes anything, but I still...
  4. Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best way to fix overheating/crashing for the Xbox series X?: Hi community, I’ve been having issues with games crashing for what I think is an overheating problem. Let me go into detail with this because I’ve done a lot of researching and testing and not...
  5. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  6. Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard: I have an Xbox series s digital edition, I can't play any games without them freezing or getting kicked to dashboard within 5 minutes on a game. I've contacted Xbox support, they were no help....
  7. My Xbox series x turns off or crashes to dashboard when playing online games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x turns off or crashes to dashboard when playing online games: my xbox series x turns off or crashes sometimes when playing online games i have looked around all over the internet for a solution but didn't find any. 616190a9-555d-47b5-a642-68ae13c13428
  8. Series X randomly crashes to dashboard recently

in XboX Insiders
    Series X randomly crashes to dashboard recently: I'm using my Series X from launch day without major hiccups so far, but since the last couple of builds I definitely noticed that random crashes to dashboard during gameplay are much more frequent...
  9. Why is my Xbox Series X dashboard crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox Series X dashboard crashing?: Lately I've been noticing the dashboard is crashing when I scroll around for a while or if I open something (gamepass, store, settings etc) then press B to go back to the home screen. Then around...
  10. New Dashboard keeps crashing on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    New Dashboard keeps crashing on Xbox Series X: I tried the Insider Beta ring and now the latest Delta update (2306.230628-1600) on my XSX. I was curious trying out the new Dashboard. It looks so much pretty and organized with the 5 main...