Xbox series X controller won't update on PC

Discus and support Xbox series X controller won't update on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Xbox series X controller, I have an update to do because my controller is several firmware versions behind the last release... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SunKyManz, May 10, 2023.

1. SunKyManz
    SunKyManz Guest

I have a problem with my Xbox series X controller, I have an update to do because my controller is several firmware versions behind the last release but I hit a brick wall. Every time I try to do the update it with my PC (I don't have an Xbox series X console), the controller shuts down and disconnects in the early stage of the update. Afterwards, the controller turn back on and reconnects, but the Xbox accessories app says that something when wrong with the update and that I need to retry.

Here's what I'm using:

• Xbox series X controller
    • USB type A to USB type C cable
    • USB port 3.0
    Here's what I tried without success:

• With and without batteries
    • Multiple cables
    • Multiple computers
    • Multiple USB ports
    • Quickly disconnecting and then reconnecting the controller when it shuts down
    • With a clean windows 11 install
    I'm all out of ideas, is there something else I can try to update it?

:)

SunKyManz, May 10, 2023
  2. SunKyManz Win User

Hello,

Thank you for responding. My warranty expired a while back, so I'm not eligible for a replacement unfortunately. As for the wait and see, it has been at least 6 months since I first tried to update my controller, so sadly I don't think it's going to work.

Is there any point in reporting it to the Feedback hub with a detailed explanation like my first comment or will it just get lost in and endless backlog of unimportant bugs?
  3. Rostom L Win User

I understand. Thank you for the additional information. The Team Xbox/Microsoft appreciate feedback. Rest assured that all feedback are being reviewed. Just make sure to put the detailed issue for them to investigate it properly in case this is just a software bug.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the issue. I appreciate your efforts in trying to get it worked. I am afraid that our best option here is to try it on an Xbox console because it didn't work to multiple computers even when using multiple cables. You could ask a friend or a family member who may have an Xbox to try to update it on their console.

The last resort in case you couldn't update it is to send it for a replacement instead. Check your options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....

Though, there's a possibility that it may be an app or update file issue. You could wait and try it again at a later time. You may as well report the issue directly to Feedback Hub.
    - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/send-feed...
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  6. Irishprimer Win User

Console sensitivity Xbox Series X

I had a third controller that I used primarily on my PC that has not been updated. Connected it to the series x and have no issues at all. Seems the latest controller firmware is a bust. I can use my old controller for the time being. Won't be able to use the two other controllers until a new firmware update rolls outs and pray it fixes the issue. Thanks for the help.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X controller won't update on PC - Similar Threads - series controller won't

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  8. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  9. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  10. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...