Xbox Series X Controller won't stay on after turning on and connecting to PC wirelessly

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller won't stay on after turning on and connecting to PC wirelessly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Been looking everywhere for a possible fix for this problem, but can't find it. I have an Xbox Series X controller that I'm using for my PC games,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Byron Lau, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Byron Lau
    Byron Lau Guest

Xbox Series X Controller won't stay on after turning on and connecting to PC wirelessly

Been looking everywhere for a possible fix for this problem, but can't find it.

I have an Xbox Series X controller that I'm using for my PC games, with the official Wireless Adapter. It was working fine, until recently in the last week whenever I turn it on, it connects, is working and detected on my computer, but then shuts back off after a few seconds. I even clearly see it being connected in the Xbox Accessories app, then disconnecting once it turns off again.

I've swapped batteries multiple times, so it's not a battery issue. I've updated the firmware with the Xbox Accessories app, and it's still happening. The only way I can keep the controller connected was connecting it with a USB C cable, starting my game, then unplugging the cable, and then it would remain connected through my wireless adapter, for some reason.

:)

Byron Lau, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Byron Lau Win User

I've not installed or plugged in any other wireless devices that weren't already previously present (my phone, my wireless mice, other laptops) when the controller was working as normal.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for your response. That's weird because it will work fine if you connect it first using a USB cable then uplug it.

My suggestion here is to update all your drivers like GPU etc. You may refer to any of your manual there to update your PC drivers.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Byron! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It looks like it may be a wireless interference issue. Have you checked if there are other wireless devices near you or plugged into your PC? If there's one, please turn it off or unplug it so we can observe if it causes the disconnection or not.
  5. Luke_917 Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, I did not know that it was "wirelessly" connected while connected to a USB C Data Cord. As soon as I unplug, it stays disconnected (in sync mode the controller also keeps blinking then turns off). If this is right I don't know why I also can't sync any of my other Xbox controllers to the series X unless connected with a cord (works on an One X controller also, stops when unplugged). I don't know why the sync button (blinking) stopped operating all together.

I replaced my batteries and tried to pull and place back in earlier with no luck. I also updated the controller as I set up as new.

The interesting thing is I am able to use the series X controller perfectly on PC wirelessly with windows 10/Xbox PC adapter. I have no problems on PC wireless.
  6. MageCoerlin Win User

Xbox One (bought in 2015) disconnects from Live consistently every 30 minutes

Not sure if this is relevant, but my Xbox also sometimes doesn't connect wirelessly to my controllers and I have to hard reset. Occasionally if I connect via cord, it gets done and I can detach the cord and it stays connected. But more often than not, even
    after getting positive feedback from the controller on a wired connection, the Xbox still won't recognize the equipment and refuses to connect. Repairing obviously doesn't work here either.

If the Xbox is using the same tech to connect to the wifi and the controllers, could this also be a problem?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller won't stay on after turning on and connecting to PC wirelessly - Similar Threads - Series Controller won't

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  8. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  9. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  10. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...