Xbox Series X controller won't stay connected until I close games

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller won't stay connected until I close games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Xbox series X controller, as well as an old Xbox One controller with the same issue (thus its probably the software). Basically the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Squeezit, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Squeezit
    Squeezit Guest

Hello, I have an Xbox series X controller, as well as an old Xbox One controller with the same issue (thus its probably the software).

Basically the controller works perfectly fine, until I turn it off with the game still running, or I let the controller turn itself off.

Once the controller turns off, then I come back with the game still running and turn my controller back on, it will connect for 2 seconds, then I have an extremely brief moment to control my onscreen character, then the controller immediately turns back off.

First I thought it was just a battery issue, but replacing the batteries did not resolve. Reinstalling the XBox adapter software does not resolve (I've had to start using the USB adapter because the bluetooth has issues. Unrelated).

Sometimes I can come back to the game and the controller will work fine, other times It will flash a couple times, connect, then immediately shut off. Once it starts doing that, the ONLY fix is to turn off the game. Then the controller will work just fine again.

It's also not just one game that this issue occurs.

I've already tried reinstalling the xbox controller driver, I've also tried reinstalling the adapter software, rebooting, updating to the newest version of windows.

The issue occurs with both steam games as well as other non-steam games. I'm great with computers and even work in IT upon occasion. But this has me stumped.

Windows 10 Pro

:)

Squeezit, Jul 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

Are you able to test the controller with a different PC, connecting it to a phone or to a console to see if the issue persists?
    This helps us to isolate the issue

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. FunGamer Win User

Xbox S Controller

Same here. It will connect but it won't stay connected for very long. I have an Xbox One X but I'm sure the controller is the same.
  4. SmarmyJerkface Win User

Controllers won't stay connected - Xbox Series X

Sadly this did not work either. Both controllers continue to disconnect.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, SmarmyJerkface. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If this is hapenning with both controllers on the same console, the console is probably the culprit here. Would you please try to power reset it with your controller?

Power Reset:

1​​. Turn off your console and controller.

2. Unplug all the cables from the console and wait 2 minutes.

3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

4 After the console is on, turn on your controller and see if the issue still persists.

If the issue is still there, is this other controller also updated?
  6. SmarmyJerkface Win User

Hello, . Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If this is hapenning with both controllers on the same console, the console is probably the culprit here. Would you please try to power reset it with your controller?

Power Reset:
    1​​. Turn off your console and controller.
    2. Unplug all the cables from the console and wait 2 minutes.
    3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.
    4 After the console is on, turn on your controller and see if the issue still persists.

If the issue is still there, is this other controller also updated?
    Both controllers are updated, according to the Accessories app. This seemed like it worked for about five minutes, but then the problem returned. Neither controller will stay connected wirelessly.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller won't stay connected until I close games - Similar Threads - Series controller won't

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  8. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  9. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  10. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...