xbox series x controller wont connect to pc via usb

Discus and support xbox series x controller wont connect to pc via usb in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series x controller wont connect to my pc via usb anymore it was working fine yesterday but when i woke up today it is refusing to connect,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pearlsf, Dec 27, 2022.

1. pearlsf
    pearlsf Guest

My xbox series x controller wont connect to my pc via usb anymore it was working fine yesterday but when i woke up today it is refusing to connect, when i plug it in the light on the controller flashes for around a minute then stops, ive tried all of the basic things like restarting with the controller in trying diffrent cables and usb ports but no matter what i do i cant get it to work

:)

pearlsf, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptateur sans fil Xbox pour Windows 10

No, not necessarily. The Xbox One Wireless adapter has extra functionality, but for basic wireless use you can connect via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth a BT dongle can be purchased for less than $10/€7.

Note that the Xbox One controllers can also be connected via USB cable. The Xbox One uses a Micro USB cable, Series X controllers are USB C.
  4. Alberrock Win User

Playing a second video MP4 in a folder results in crash - 0x00d11cd (0x80070006) - XBox Series X

No, I play the videos on an XBox Series X with the media player. The external SDD is connected via USB to the front USB port. There is no PC involved.
  5. Jason Guer Win User

Hello pearlsf

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Jason Guer Win User

Hello pearlsf

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue connecting your Xbox Series X controller using USB to your computer. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Did you tried to change the battery of your controller?
    • Have you tried to connect your controller to your other computer? or Try different controller then connect to your PC.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. xbox series x controller wont connect to pc via usb - Similar Threads - series controller wont

2. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  3. Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect: my xbox elite controller series 2 disconnected, is blinking and will not reconnext to my xbox series x, ive tried rebooting and all the usual troubleshooting.. the controller and xbox are about a...
  4. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  5. Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my keybinds work on the paddles on the elite series 2 controller: I have my paddles mapped to a q d e for siege, and my binds wont work no matter my shift key, and they also glitch in other games, i need help. e6bd4706-ae2b-4cac-a786-78d897b66e02
  6. my xbox one series x controller wont work without batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one series x controller wont work without batteries: my xbox one series x controller works perfectly fine with a cable however when i try using batteries it sometimes blinks a few times then disconnect but sometimes it blinks once and disconnects. i...
  7. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  8. Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why xbox series s controller buttons wont respond?: So suddenly out of nowhere my xbox series s controller buttons will not respond or do anything. However, for some reason, only the xbox button and the left and right triggers and the left (and...
  9. My Xbox Series Controller Wont Pair To My PC at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series Controller Wont Pair To My PC at All.: It all started whenever I first connected my controller to my PC, (I never connected it to an xbox) it has been working great for the past several months, but one day (about a week ago) it would...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont connect to PC via USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont connect to PC via USB: Need help with my Xbox elite series 2 controller, it stopped connecting via USB cable. It can still connect through Bluetooth. Any help is appreciated. 4f3707cd-df81-4014-a291-0f03a91d4be0