Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

Discus and support Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have bought a Microsoft rechargeable battery for my Xbox series x controller one year ago and until now it has been working perfectly.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fotios Michopoulos, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

Hi,

I have bought a Microsoft rechargeable battery for my Xbox series x controller one year ago and until now it has been working perfectly.

However, the last weeks when I try to charge my controller with the cable the controller will not charge. The icon with the battery seems to be in plugged in but is not filling up. When I try to disconnect the cable the controller will not work because the battery is drained out.

Could you please provide me with a solution to this matter?

:)

Fotios Michopoulos, Sep 24, 2023
  2. DavidInostroza  Win User

Xbox controller

No,It’s a normal Xbox series x controller,I charge the Xbox recharge battery with the Xbox charger
  3. David Wirsching Win User

what cable do I need to recharge my Xbox X batteries

Hello Dr. J, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

To recharge your Xbox Series X batteries, you will need a USB-C cable. The Xbox Series X comes with a USB-C port on the front of the console, which you can use to charge the batteries for your wireless controllers.

You can use a standard USB-C cable to charge the batteries. Make sure the cable supports device charging and has the ability to transfer data.

If you don't have a USB-C cable, you can also use an official Xbox battery charging kit to charge your controllers. These kits include a rechargeable battery and a charging cable specifically designed for Xbox controllers.

Remember that the USB-C cable or battery charging kit connects to the USB-C port on the front of the Xbox Series X console to charge the batteries of the wireless controllers.

Best regards.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

I've also sent the issue to Activision Support,

if i plug into usb and i have rechargeable batteries in the controller, will the batteries charge ?
    I don't think that will work? unless it's a Series S/X play and charge kit,

If using something like Energizer rechargeable AA batteries you'll need to use the dedicated chargers for those batteries, an Xbox controller doesn't have the means to charge them.
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Will the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit be compatible with the Xbox Series X?

Xbox One accessories and peripherals will be compatible with Xbox Series X. As to whether the rechargeable battery packs are compatible with an Xbox Series X controller, that has not yet been revealed at this time, to my knowledge. However, the new controller
    will use USB-C for its charging port instead of the Play & Charge Kit's Micro-USB plug.
  6. DOUBLE_D_ Win User

how Xbox is polluting the planet.

couldn’t they made the Xbox series x controller have a rechargeable battery built in like the ps5 and nintendo switch controller. Rechargeable tv remotes. Should be a thing.
Thema:

Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

1. Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging - Similar Threads - series controller rechargeable

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  9. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  10. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge: It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when I unplug it, even after "charging"...