Xbox Series X Controller suddenly not pairing to wireless adapter.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller suddenly not pairing to wireless adapter. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using my Series X controller with my Windows 10 pc for about a year now. All of a sudden it will not pair with the wireless adapter. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brian Tor, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Brian Tor
    Brian Tor Guest

I have been using my Series X controller with my Windows 10 pc for about a year now. All of a sudden it will not pair with the wireless adapter. It pairs just fine with the adapter when plugged into my laptop, but not my desktop. I have tried uninstalling the adapter and deleting the drivers through Device Manager, but that has not worked. Any help on this issue would be great.

:)

Brian Tor, Oct 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Brian

Do you know if your windows system or the controller received an update recently?

Or try the opposite, check if your windows system and apps are up to date

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Then connect your controller via USB cable to the PC > open the accessories app on it (If you don't find it, you can download the app from the store) and check if a new update appears
  3. Jose IgnacioSánchez Win User

Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth)

Ok, so the problem is solved now. Here are the steps I followed.

- Uninstalled Xbox Accesories App

- Uninstalled all Driver in the Device Manager related to "Xbox Controller" and "Xbox Wireless Adapter"

- Unplugged the Wireless Adapter

- Turn off Bluetooth

- Turn off the PC

- Reset the Xbox Series Controller pairing (Hold connect button for x seconds)

- Turn off Xbox Series Controller

- Boot the PC

- Insert the Wireless Adapter -> Drivers are installed automatically

- Turn on Xbox Series controller

- Succesfully paired with the Wireless Adapter!!

- Install Xbox Accesories App -> Controller recognized :)

- Turn on Bluetooth

Thanks for the answer, Kathy and sorry for the delay but life prevented me from answering earlier.

The fact that running a simple troubleshooting routine solved it points at a software issue so I don´t expect to have this problem again.

Hope this helps someone.
  4. VyYen Win User

Is Xbox Series X Controller compatible with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Hello there guys, just wanna ask if the Xbox Series X Controller is compatible with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Also, is there gonna be a newer version of the wireless adapter for Windows 10 destined for the Series X controller ?

Thanks.
  5. cy43rguru Win User

xbox one wireless adapter DOES NOT EVEN WORK. AT ALL.

First check device manager, (Win+X->Device Manager) if you actually see under Network Adapters something like "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows". If you see "XBOX ACC" then right click, "Update Driver Software"->"Search automatically for updated driver
    software".

Next make sure there are charged batteries in the controller

For pairing your controller to the adapter, either

* Connect the usb controller through a USB cord (you can use one used for phones, one end micro USB, the other USB), wait for a little while, the driver will automatically pair the wired controller to the adapter, unplug and it should flash and find the
    adapter (light would turn solid)

* OR, press the pairing/enroll button on the adapter, then press the pairing/enroll button on your controller, light on the controller should flash and then turn solid once paired.
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

You confused me when you said WI-FI. As WI-FI is usually in reference to a wireless connection to your modem suppling an internet connection to a given device. Not a short way of saying wireless. But yes, there are 3 options, Wired, Bluetooth, and wireless.

Any wireless Xbox One controller will pair with the
    Wireless adapter

I use the Xbox One Elite controller on my Xbox One X, and I can not go back to a standard controller for most games.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller suddenly not pairing to wireless adapter. - Similar Threads - Series Controller suddenly

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  4. Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Controller not working all of sudden: Hi I went on call of duty MW3 today and my controller all of a sudden didn’t work only the analog’s and RT & LT bumpers are the only thing working. I’ve tried powering the console off unplugged...
  5. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...
  6. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  8. All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller): I was in the middle of playing Starfield when the game stopped and said the controller was disconnected. I look down and sure enough, it's turned itself off. I replaced the batteries, thinking...
  9. My brand new xbox series s controller suddenly feels old and damaged. Is there a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox series s controller suddenly feels old and damaged. Is there a way to...: I bought an xbox series s 3 weeks ago. I think my controller has been swapped without my knowledge because it is showing signs of wear beyond its time. It also signs is as player 2, when my...
  10. Xbox series X/S Controller suddenly disconnect then reconnect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S Controller suddenly disconnect then reconnect via bluetooth on PC: Please Microsoft, your controller sucks. I did everything, I disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on Device manager, updated the newest firmware, reset controller...