Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The last couple days I've been mauled by one of the most common issues discussed here. I did my daily routine, start my PC, got my Stream running, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by idgafbruh, May 4, 2023.

1. idgafbruh
    idgafbruh Guest

The last couple days I've been mauled by one of the most common issues discussed here.

I did my daily routine, start my PC, got my Stream running, the game Loaded, and I turned my Controller on ready to get into it.
    To clear up any possible curiosities, I've never had ANY connection issues with any of the four previous Xbox Generation Controllers in the past. Xbox 360 hard-wired, Xbox 360 Wireless, Xbox One wireless, and now, two years strong, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller. But two days ago, it just started packing a sad and decided it didn't want to connect.

to explain the pattern, I plug the battery in, and the controller turns itself on (This sounds like a red-flag to me but moving on), it will blink two or three times like it's normal start-up, then start flashing rapidly, after about 5-6 Seconds, two vibrates, then it turns itself off. I then cannot turn the controller back on without pulling the battery and placing it back in, which will repeat the process of turning itself back on, blinking, then flashing, so on so forth. Another thing is, I sometimes can manage to get the controller to blink normally, at which, when I do try to pair it, it will turn itself off immediately, at which, I have to then pull the battery and then placing it back in. The problem is, the battery is only a couple months new, and I don't abuse my baby or anything, so I don't see how it's a controller issue, I also seem to have the latest windows update, adapter/driver updates for the wireless adapter.

If there is anyone who seems to know where I'm not looking, or what I'm missing, I would greatly appreciate the assistance, thank you!

:)

idgafbruh, May 4, 2023
  2. VyYen Win User

Is Xbox Series X Controller compatible with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Hello there guys, just wanna ask if the Xbox Series X Controller is compatible with the Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 ?

Also, is there gonna be a newer version of the wireless adapter for Windows 10 destined for the Series X controller ?

Thanks.
  3. Luke_917 Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, I did not know that it was "wirelessly" connected while connected to a USB C Data Cord. As soon as I unplug, it stays disconnected (in sync mode the controller also keeps blinking then turns off). If this is right I don't know why I also can't sync any of my other Xbox controllers to the series X unless connected with a cord (works on an One X controller also, stops when unplugged). I don't know why the sync button (blinking) stopped operating all together.

I replaced my batteries and tried to pull and place back in earlier with no luck. I also updated the controller as I set up as new.

The interesting thing is I am able to use the series X controller perfectly on PC wirelessly with windows 10/Xbox PC adapter. I have no problems on PC wireless.
  4. Jose IgnacioSánchez Win User

Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth)

Ok, so the problem is solved now. Here are the steps I followed.

- Uninstalled Xbox Accesories App

- Uninstalled all Driver in the Device Manager related to "Xbox Controller" and "Xbox Wireless Adapter"

- Unplugged the Wireless Adapter

- Turn off Bluetooth

- Turn off the PC

- Reset the Xbox Series Controller pairing (Hold connect button for x seconds)

- Turn off Xbox Series Controller

- Boot the PC

- Insert the Wireless Adapter -> Drivers are installed automatically

- Turn on Xbox Series controller

- Succesfully paired with the Wireless Adapter!!

- Install Xbox Accesories App -> Controller recognized :)

- Turn on Bluetooth

Thanks for the answer, Kathy and sorry for the delay but life prevented me from answering earlier.

The fact that running a simple troubleshooting routine solved it points at a software issue so I don´t expect to have this problem again.

Hope this helps someone.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Why can't I pair up Bluetooth wireless earbuds with my console?

it uses wifi that the xbox has a receiver and sender for, similar to the microsoft pc wireless adapter but obviously built into the console.

no bluetooth at all. there is not a single bluetooth chip in the console, the modern xbox controller connect via wifi to the console or bluetooth to phones and pc if not using the adapter for pc. only the controller has bluetooth and this is basic at best.

Does the Xbox Series X or Series S support Bluetooth? | Windows Central

No Bluetooth for Xbox Series X

The Xbox Series X doesn't have Bluetooth, similarly to the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. The reason is simple; the Bluetooth signal isn't strong enough to meet Microsoft's specifications for latency. Microsoft uses its proprietary signal, dubbed Xbox Wireless, for connecting controllers and other accessories, like the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and the SteelSeries 9X wireless headsets.

Microsoft's signal is far stronger than Bluetooth. Since many people typically game while sitting far away from their consoles in the living room or so on, Bluetooth's susceptibility to interference increases exponentially at longer ranges. If you were hoping you could use a USB Bluetooth adapter, it wouldn't work either, as the Xbox Series X and other Xbox One consoles don't have the drivers necessary to power them.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will new XBOX Series X controllers work with the XBOX 360 Wireless Receiver on my PC

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC - Similar Threads - Series controller stopped

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  4. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  7. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  10. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...