Xbox series X controller software update issues

Discus and support Xbox series X controller software update issues in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just got the X series two weeks ago and I had to run an update on my controller like 3 days ago. Until then I have had no issues but once I updated... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GroundbreakingEnd905, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Xbox series X controller software update issues

I just got the X series two weeks ago and I had to run an update on my controller like 3 days ago. Until then I have had no issues but once I updated now my right joystick jumps.

I wouldn’t call it a lag but maybe it is, when I try to move my FOV with the right joystick it doesn’t move smoothly it just jumps to the right and left. This is keeping me from being able to aim in shooter games.

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? Thank you for the help.

submitted by /u/GroundbreakingEnd905
    [link] [comments]

/u/GroundbreakingEnd905, Aug 13, 2022
  2. Rostyslav Synenko Win User

Xbox series x controller disconnecting (latest firmware)

Hello

I started having the same problems 2 days ago on my Xbox Series X. I haven't had any issues since I bought it 6 month ago. The console software is up to date. The controller was updated when it was connected for the first time. I updated the controller software yesterday but it didn't help me. I am lucky that at least I somehow updated the controller firmware because it is a challenge with this disconnection issue.

I reseted and re-synced my Series X controller, used wired connection with some USB-C that I found at home, restarted the console but nothing helped me.

Should it be some special USB-C cable to connect my controller? As I understood it only powers the controller now.

Also reported the issue using the Report a Problem app.
  3. Rostyslav Synenko Win User

Xbox series x controller disconnecting (latest firmware)

Hello

I started having the same problems 2 days ago on my Xbox Series X. I haven't had any issues since I bought it 6 month ago. The console software is up to date. The controller was updated when it was connected for the first time. I updated the controller software yesterday but it didn't help me. I am lucky that at least I somehow updated the controller firmware because it is a challenge with this disconnection issue.

I reseted and re-synced my Series X controller, used wired connection with some USB-C that I found at home, restarted the console but nothing helped me.

Should it be some special USB-C cable to connect my controller? As I understood it only powers the controller now.

Also reported the issue using the Report a Problem app.
  4. Fatima_J Win User

Xbox controller working but Xbox not seeing the commands

Hi

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox Series X where the controller is working, but the Xbox is not responding to the commands. I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this issue, but I'm here to help you resolve it.

Firstly, I would suggest you try resetting your Xbox Series X and your controller. To reset your Xbox Series X, press and hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then, unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Turn on your console and check if the issue is resolved.

To reset your controller, press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then, press the Xbox button again to turn it back on. Once the controller is on, try to connect it to your Xbox Series X and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try updating your Xbox Series X and your controller to the latest software version. To update your Xbox Series X, go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads > Console update. To update your controller, connect it to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and go to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device info > Firmware version. If there is an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you try connecting your controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable and check if it works. If it does, then the issue could be with the wireless connection between your controller and your Xbox Series X. In this case, I would suggest you try resetting your wireless connection by going to Settings > Devices & accessories > Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Disconnect > Connect.

If none of the above steps work, I would suggest you contact Xbox support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more advanced troubleshooting steps and help you resolve the issue.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with your Xbox Series X. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  5. RyanPayne4 Win User

Xbox “skip sign in” option

Please could you check if you are using the latest software on your Xbox?

To check if the software on your Xbox Series X is up to date, follow these steps:

1. **Turn on Your Xbox Series X**:
    - Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn on the console.

2. **Navigate to Settings**:
    - Use the controller to navigate to the "My games & apps" tab on the Xbox dashboard.

3. **Access System Settings**:
    - Scroll down and select "Settings" from the list of options.

4. **Open System**:
    - In the Settings menu, select "System" to access system-related settings.

5. **Check for Updates**:
    - Within the System settings, select "Updates" to check for software updates.

6. **Update Console if Available**:
    - If there's a software update available for your Xbox Series X, you'll see an option to update your console.
    - Follow the on-screen prompts to initiate the update process.

7. **View Update History** (Optional):
    - If you want to see the history of updates applied to your console, you can select "Update history" within the Updates section.

8. **Wait for the Update to Finish**:
    - If an update is available and you choose to proceed, your console will download and install the update. This may take some time, and your console will restart during the process.

9. **Restart Your Console** (If Needed):
    - After the update is installed, your Xbox Series X will restart to apply the changes.

It's important to keep your Xbox Series X up to date to ensure you have access to the latest features, improvements, and security patches. If you experience any issues with the update process or need further assistance, you can visit the Xbox Support website or contact Xbox Support directly for help.

Hope this helps

Ryan
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Series X software update issue

You're most welcome, GR8YFOX.

We will close this thread then and do not hesitate to create a new one using this link - Ask a question.

Kind regards,

Thema:

Xbox series X controller software update issues

1. Xbox series X controller software update issues - Similar Threads - series controller software

2. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  4. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  7. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  8. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  9. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  10. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...