Xbox Series X controller Share button not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller Share button not working on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have two Xbox Series controllers hooked up to two Windows 10 machines. One of them is not getting any Windows 11 driver support from the OEM and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Johnnyq3, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Johnnyq3
    Johnnyq3 Guest

I have two Xbox Series controllers hooked up to two Windows 10 machines. One of them is not getting any Windows 11 driver support from the OEM and the other uses an Apple Security chip and can't be upgraded to Windows 11 and be fully supported. Microsoft mentioned the share button being supported at some point and so far, it is only supported on everything but Windows 10. Did MS say they would bring the share button support to Windows 10 for the Xbox Series controllers?

:)

Johnnyq3, Dec 2, 2022
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

its a poorly worked feature for windows 11 only, not coming to windows 10, not much you can do with it apart take a screenshot or start a recording, no record that functions at all, you cannot customise it either. basically, a waste of a button on pc.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

To be honest, I haven't seen an announcement about it
    Sorry :c
  5. Johnnyq3 Win User

Has Microsoft stated if/when they plan to support it in Windows 10?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this JOHNNYQ3

As far as I know the share button is compatible right now with Windows 11, Windows 10 is not supported yet
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller Share button not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Series controller Share

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  5. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  6. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  7. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11): Hey, all. Posting this in July 2023. I'm using a standard Xbox Series controller with my Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth and I'm trying to remap the Share button to serve as an extra input for use...
  10. Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button: Hello. I found an article saying you can now rebind share button for this controller (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-share-button) but I don't have...