Xbox Series X controller right stick up drift and double inputs on menu

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller right stick up drift and double inputs on menu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently the right stick on my controller has started to drift upward when I'm playing. And when I'm going through Xbox menus the inputs from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EchoWolf31, Dec 5, 2022.

1. EchoWolf31
    EchoWolf31 Guest

Recently the right stick on my controller has started to drift upward when I'm playing. And when I'm going through Xbox menus the inputs from the bumpers, dpad, and left stick are doubled, making it very difficult to select something.

I've already done a firmware update and power cycled my console. Problem is still there.

My controller is still under warranty. Should I just bite the bullet and send it in?

:)

EchoWolf31, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

EchoWolf, unfortunately in this case the error is called Drift. It is solved just by changing the hardware.

You really need to trigger the warranty, my friend.

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''online service''. In the category put ''accessories'' and next to ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

Hello Amber C, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox Series X is not recognizing the right stick (RS) input for multiple controllers, and that you've already tried power-cycling and resetting both the console and the controllers. Here are a few additional steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Connect each controller to the console using a USB cable and check for any available updates. To update the controllers, go to the Xbox Accessories app on your console and follow the instructions to update the firmware if an update is available. Updating the controllers can sometimes resolve input recognition issues.

2. To determine if the issue is specific to the Xbox Series X or the controllers themselves, try connecting the controllers to another device, such as a PC or another console, that supports Xbox controllers. Check if the right stick input is recognized on the other device. If the controllers work fine on the other device, it suggests that the issue may be with the Xbox Series X.

3. On the Xbox Series X, go to the settings menu and navigate to the "Devices & connections" section. Select "Controller" and check the settings related to the right stick input. Ensure that the right stick is not disabled or assigned to a different function unintentionally. You can also try resetting the controller settings to default.

4. Instead of a regular power cycle, try performing a full power cycle of your Xbox Series X. To do this, press and hold the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it fully shuts down. Then, unplug the power cord from the back of the console and wait for about 10 seconds. Plug the power cord back in and turn on the console. This can sometimes help resolve hardware-related issues.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. SilasJohn2001 Win User

Xbox Series XS controller causing double inputs and right stick drift for no reason.

Ah... well. Thanks for your time. My last question for you is if you know of others who have had this issue, and if there is some other controller I should invest in to last longer than a year of gaming. I technically used my mouse more than my controller this year, so its really confusing.
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox Series XS controller causing double inputs and right stick drift for no reason.

That's because your warranty has expired. You need to use the last link and request a paid option. Check the cost of this for your region before you proceed
  6. Jesse E' Win User

No, I don't know anyone who's had this issue
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller right stick up drift and double inputs on menu - Similar Threads - Series controller right

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  4. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  5. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  6. My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad: The problem only stops when I press left on the dpad but they left vision itself didn't register at all. I've tried everything other than taking the controller apart which is a last resort...
  7. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...: Hello the left side seems to be weak and has some weird rotation sound which is not really normal. Normally the controller has a lisght spinning sound but not as loud as it is now I’ve had the...
  10. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...