Xbox series X controller refusing to sync and not displaying on TV

Discus and support Xbox series X controller refusing to sync and not displaying on TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox controller is refusing to pair with the Xbox Series X. I hold down the sync button on the Xbox controller and it begins to rapidly flash, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thomas mcpadden, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Xbox series X controller refusing to sync and not displaying on TV

The Xbox controller is refusing to pair with the Xbox Series X. I hold down the sync button on the Xbox controller and it begins to rapidly flash, but when pressing the sync button on the Series X, nothing happens, the light doesn't flash nothing. I've even tried holding the button down on it, but still nothing. I have unplugged the power cable from the Series X for a while (15 minutes) and tried again, but nothing happens. This has never happened before. I've lost the sync before, but it's been fixed via normal means (Sync buttons)

There is also another problem with the Xbox home screen not being displayed on the TV itself. I have removed the HDMI cables from both the Xbox Series X and the TV itself and when they were entered nothing happens. It's strange as it was working perfectly normal yesterday, but today it's just not working.

:)

thomas mcpadden, Feb 21, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your Xbox Series X; here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the controller sync issue and the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV:

1. Try a wired connection: Use a USB cable to connect your controller to the Xbox Series X and see if it connects. If it does, you can try to sync it wirelessly again.

2. Hold down the sync button on the back of the controller for 15 seconds until the Xbox button begins flashing, then release the button. Turn off and unplug the Xbox Series X for a few minutes, then turn it back on and try syncing the controller again.

3. Update your controller firmware: If your controller's firmware is out of date, it may be unable to connect to the Xbox Series X. To check for updates, navigate to Settings > Devices & accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device info and see if a firmware update is available.

4. Try a different HDMI cable or port: A faulty HDMI cable or port could be the cause of the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV. Try connecting the Xbox Series X to a different HDMI port on your TV or using a different HDMI cable.

5. Check the TV settings: Ensure that the HDMI port to which the Xbox Series X is connected is set to the correct input on your television. You can also try turning off any special TV features, such as HDR or 4K, to see if that helps.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve your problems.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

Hello Hyer, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Xbox X Series. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the controller sync issue.

- Try a wired connection: use a USB cable to connect your controller to the Xbox Series X and see if it connects. If it does, you can try syncing wirelessly.

- Press and hold the sync button on the back of the controller for 15 seconds until the Xbox button starts to flash, then release the button. Turn off and unplug the Xbox X Series for a few minutes, then turn it back on and try to sync the controller again.

Update your controller firmware: If your controller firmware is not up to date, you may not be able to connect to the Xbox X Series. To check for updates, navigate to Settings > Devices and Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Device Information and see if a firmware update is available.

- Try a different HDMI cable or port: A faulty HDMI cable or port could be the cause of the Xbox home screen not displaying on the TV.

- Check your TV settings: make sure the HDMI port to which the Xbox X Series is connected is set to the correct input on your TV.

Best regards, Khaji
  4. MechWarriorZero Win User

XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

when I had the XBox One I was able to control my tv though Xbox one, but now I have the series x and I cant control my tv though my series x?
  5. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried changing hdmi and battery's in controller are charged

Hello MainTarsier447, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're going through this.
    Make sure the HDMI cable is properly connected to both your Xbox Series X and your TV. Try different HDMI ports on your TV and make sure they are working properly.

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the video settings on your Xbox Series X. To do this, press and hold the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it turns off completely. Then press the power button again to restart the console.

If the controller does not sync automatically, you can try to sync it manually. To do this, press and hold the sync button on the front of the console (next to the USB port) and at the same time press and hold the sync button on the top of the controller. Wait a few seconds and both devices should sync.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X controller refusing to sync and not displaying on TV - Similar Threads - series controller refusing

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  4. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  5. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  6. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  7. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  8. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  9. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  10. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...