Xbox Series X controller not charging while off with battery pack

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller not charging while off with battery pack in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; What is the correct way to use the Xbox Series controller battery pack? It's not charging when the controller is off, is there a way to charge it with... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ph00p, Jan 11, 2021.

1. /u/ph00p
    /u/ph00p Guest

What is the correct way to use the Xbox Series controller battery pack? It's not charging when the controller is off, is there a way to charge it with the Xbox off?

I haven't been able to find good information on this.

submitted by /u/ph00p
    [link] [comments]

/u/ph00p, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Rechargeable batteries

But then if it;s the wrong battery pack, it shoudn't work with either controller ...the fact it works in one but not the other points to an issue with the second controller

The Xbox One Venom battery pack won't even fit in the Series X controller (or at least not without trimming bits off it)..as the OP can fit the pack with no issue, it suggests it's the right battery pack. Unless Venom have released more than one battery pack for the Series X?
  3. ngocphi Win User

Have I bought an Xbox X Series controller instead of an Xbox One?

Well that's a series x

Batteries packs would fit the series x controllers as long as it's not one.of those contact charging backs

As you charge thru your port

Not the back you would have to buy a pack with q charging back.as the pics wouldn't fit
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

Will the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit be compatible with the Xbox Series X?

Xbox One accessories and peripherals will be compatible with Xbox Series X. As to whether the rechargeable battery packs are compatible with an Xbox Series X controller, that has not yet been revealed at this time, to my knowledge. However, the new controller
    will use USB-C for its charging port instead of the Play & Charge Kit's Micro-USB plug.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X Controller questions

Hi,

1. It will work wired and wireless. You can only charge the battery while being wired if you have a battery pack installed. Regular AA re-chargeable batteries can not be charged during play. The official Xbox One X/S battery pack will be released November
      10, same as the console. As far as I know the controller does not come with a USB C cable, unless you are also purchasing an Xbox Series X/S console (cable is in the box). Yes, your PC will be able to charge/power an Xbox Series X controller.
    2. Yes, once they run out you'll need to charge the battery. If you need to do this externally (AA batteries), you can connect the controller via USB and power the controller via the cable with no batteries installed. An official Microsoft fully charged battery
      is rated for around 30 hours. Re-chargeable AA batteries will vary.
    3. Yes. You can use a Bluetooth USB dongle if your PC does not have BT built into the motherboard.
    4. No. Windows 10 will already contain the necessary software to run your controller. There is an Xbox optional Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 available that uses its own wireless protocol and will allow some extra functionality such as headsets, chatpads,
      and the Xbox Stereo Adapter.
  6. Dave Eckert Win User

chargers

Well here's what I'm doing. I don't suspect I'll need a 2nd controller for a while, so I simply reserved, payed off the Play and Charge kit by itself, which does come with the battery pack. Again, as others have stated too,
    there's the controller bundle, which you get the play and Charge Kit, battery pack, and of course the controller. Rather than the console itself doesn't come with the Play and Charge Kit or the battery pack rather than AA alkaline batteries. (If you recall
    this is how it was with XBox 360 Play and Charge kit as well; a battery pack came standard with the charge cable because there'd be no use for the cable othe.rwise as it simply doesn't charge alkaline batteries.)
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller not charging while off with battery pack - Similar Threads - Series controller charging

2. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...
  4. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  5. Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.: My elite controller is suddenly refusing to turn on unless it remains plugged in. I've tried updating and use different cables to no avail. There are no charging indicators and it is the same...
  6. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  7. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  8. How to use official play and charge kit on the Xbox series x wireless controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use official play and charge kit on the Xbox series x wireless controller?: How to use official play and charge kit made by Microsoft on the Xbox series x wireless controller in black colour original one? Yours sincerely Jevgeni e8822d78-0b36-4d03-848e-820b02b6cc7a
  9. Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging: Hi, I have bought a Microsoft rechargeable battery for my Xbox series x controller one year ago and until now it has been working perfectly. However, the last weeks when I try to charge my...
  10. My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X controller keeps randomly turning off with fully charged batteries in it, and...: So what does the battery symbol with the lightning bolt next to it mean? e15d5f09-747a-4384-8411-0d0d98cb2c7f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x charge controller while off

2. does xbox series x controlller charge when xbox turned off rechargeable