Xbox Series X controller losing sync with console multiple times after latest Beta update....

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller losing sync with console multiple times after latest Beta update.... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; By the way, I remember other reports in the past weeks about this issue concerning Series X|S consoles. Does anyone know how if, somehow, this can be... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/viniciusrsouza, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X controller losing sync with console multiple times after latest Beta update....

By the way, I remember other reports in the past weeks about this issue concerning Series X|S consoles.

Does anyone know how if, somehow, this can be caused due to using the old Play & Charge Kit in this new controller?

Anyway, it wasn't happening before. Simply started happening today.

submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza
    [link] [comments]

/u/viniciusrsouza, Dec 6, 2020
  2. RedlineZ Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Disconnection Problem

My controllers keep disconnecting from my Xbox series X randomly while playing games. When it happens I connect a different controller and it keeps happening. I have 3 xbox one controllers and 2 series x controllers. I've tried using all of them. I've also gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, made sure controller and console updates have been done and have reset and reconnected the controllers multiple times. I've even tried saving the game soft resetting the console then restarting and reconnecting a controller. I cannot play the trial or opens in FH5 as those are multiplayer races and you cannot pause or rewind or you lose your place. Does my console have a defect with its bluetooth connection?
  3. Cody Temple Win User

My Xbox controller keeps disconnecting.

hi. im mel and im an independent advisor. if u have already had a replacement controller and it is still happening it sounds like there is an issue with the xbox internal connection part for the controller. however here are some other solutions to try first Update Your Xbox Series X Controller If your Xbox controller keeps disconnecting, then you might just need to update the firmware. To check whether your controller has the latest firmware, go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories. This will allow you to check whether the firmware is up-to-date. If not, just select the controller you want to update and... well... update it! Once your Xbox carries out this update, you'll no longer have issues where your Xbox controller keeps disconnecting. That's because Microsoft pushes out firmware updates regularly to fix minor bugs that crop up—like this one. 2. Update Your Xbox Series X Console Alongside checking if your controllers have the latest firmware installed, you should also make sure your console is running the latest version of its software. This can help resolve any problems with your Xbox Series X or S controller disconnecting all the time. This should happen automatically, but if you have your console set up for manual updates and haven't played for a while, you should install the latest Xbox system software ASAP. This means you will have all the relevant security patches and so on. However, updates like this can iron out any issues, such as controller drift. To update your Series X or Series S console, go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates. If a console update is available, it will say so next to your console on this settings page. Just update your console and this might resolve the problem. 3. Reset and Re-Sync Your Series X Controller One potential workaround for the connectivity issue is resetting your Xbox Series X controller. You can achieve this without being connected to the console, so if your gamepad and console have lost connection, this is a way to re-sync the two. To turn off your Series X controller, you simply need to press and hold the Xbox button in the center for 5-6 seconds. You will see that the button is no longer illuminated when this operation has been successful. You can then switch it on again via the same method and see if that solves the connection issue. 4. Use a Wired Connection At the top of the Xbox Series X controller, you will notice it has a USB-C port, which is typically used for charging. However, you can use it to try to solve any disconnection problems. The process couldn't be easier; just use the USB-C cable that came with your Xbox and use it to connect the two together. You can plug the USB-C cable into any of the USB ports at the front and back of your console (presumably, the front port will be easiest for you to access). Physically connecting your controller and console will immediately overcome the wireless connectivity issue. Once the two devices talk to each other again, you can remove the wired connection and check whether your controller works wirelessly. If it doesn't, you could always stay wired if it's convenient enough. 5. Hard Restart Your Xbox Series X If all else fails, you can always exercise the IT expert's golden rule... try turning it off and on again. This is an operation you'd only want to carry out as a last resort, especially if you are in the middle of a game and haven't saved recently. Try all the other steps here first, or you risk losing your game progress. If you simply wish to reboot your Series X, do so via the console itself, given that your controller and Xbox have no connection. However, to hard restart your Xbox Series X, you need to press and hold the power button on the front of your console (the Xbox logo button above the optical drive). It's important you don't just tap the button, as this will simply put the console to sleep and won't reset anything. Once you have switched the console off, just press the power button again to start it up. If you have performed the action correctly, the console should initialize with the logo screen before loading up your Xbox dashboard.
    How could I possibly click update on the firmware if *checks notes* the **** controller doesn’t sync?! How would I get there and pursue said action? Ffs.
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

My Xbox controller keeps disconnecting.

hi. im mel and im an independent advisor. if u have already had a replacement controller and it is still happening it sounds like there is an issue with the xbox internal connection part for the controller. however here are some other solutions to try first Update Your Xbox Series X Controller

If your Xbox controller keeps disconnecting, then you might just need to update the firmware. To check whether your controller has the latest firmware, go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories. This will allow you to check whether the firmware is up-to-date.

If not, just select the controller you want to update and... well... update it! Once your Xbox carries out this update, you'll no longer have issues where your Xbox controller keeps disconnecting. That's because Microsoft pushes out firmware updates regularly to fix minor bugs that crop up—like this one.

2. Update Your Xbox Series X Console

Alongside checking if your controllers have the latest firmware installed, you should also make sure your console is running the latest version of its software. This can help resolve any problems with your Xbox Series X or S controller disconnecting all the time.

This should happen automatically, but if you have your console set up for manual updates and haven't played for a while, you should install the latest Xbox system software ASAP. This means you will have all the relevant security patches and so on. However, updates like this can iron out any issues, such as controller drift.

To update your Series X or Series S console, go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates. If a console update is available, it will say so next to your console on this settings page. Just update your console and this might resolve the problem.

3. Reset and Re-Sync Your Series X Controller

One potential workaround for the connectivity issue is resetting your Xbox Series X controller. You can achieve this without being connected to the console, so if your gamepad and console have lost connection, this is a way to re-sync the two.

To turn off your Series X controller, you simply need to press and hold the Xbox button in the center for 5-6 seconds. You will see that the button is no longer illuminated when this operation has been successful.

You can then switch it on again via the same method and see if that solves the connection issue.

4. Use a Wired Connection
    At the top of the Xbox Series X controller, you will notice it has a USB-C port, which is typically used for charging. However, you can use it to try to solve any disconnection problems.

The process couldn't be easier; just use the USB-C cable that came with your Xbox and use it to connect the two together.

You can plug the USB-C cable into any of the USB ports at the front and back of your console (presumably, the front port will be easiest for you to access).

Physically connecting your controller and console will immediately overcome the wireless connectivity issue. Once the two devices talk to each other again, you can remove the wired connection and check whether your controller works wirelessly. If it doesn't, you could always stay wired if it's convenient enough.

5. Hard Restart Your Xbox Series X
    If all else fails, you can always exercise the IT expert's golden rule... try turning it off and on again. This is an operation you'd only want to carry out as a last resort, especially if you are in the middle of a game and haven't saved recently. Try all the other steps here first, or you risk losing your game progress.

If you simply wish to reboot your Series X, do so via the console itself, given that your controller and Xbox have no connection.

However, to hard restart your Xbox Series X, you need to press and hold the power button on the front of your console (the Xbox logo button above the optical drive). It's important you don't just tap the button, as this will simply put the console to sleep and won't reset anything.

Once you have switched the console off, just press the power button again to start it up. If you have performed the action correctly, the console should initialize with the logo screen before loading up your Xbox dashboard.
  5. jenkins09 Win User

Day One Xbox One Losing Controller Sync Ever Since Latest System Update

I am also having this issue. Tried multiple controllers and re-syncing. Only thing that seems to fix it for me is a power cycle, but I've had to do that every day. Started after this latest software update for me.
  6. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
Thema:

Xbox Series X controller losing sync with console multiple times after latest Beta update....

1. Xbox Series X controller losing sync with console multiple times after latest Beta update.... - Similar Threads - Series controller losing

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  4. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  5. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  6. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  7. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  8. Xbox Series X loses connection to controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X loses connection to controllers: Every few days now when I go to use my Xbox Series X, all of my controllers are "disconnected" from the Xbox. I will hit the power button on the controller like normal, and the Xbox will not turn...
  9. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...
  10. Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...: Beyond frustrated I have had this happen with 3 different Xbox series s and 4 Xbox elite 2 controllers!!! Once it starts it doesn't stop! I've had it happen to me while sitting at the home screen...