Xbox series X controller left stick constantly registered as pushed in

Discus and support Xbox series X controller left stick constantly registered as pushed in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series X controller permanently thinks the left stick is clicked in even though it is not, whenever i play a game that has the left stick as an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cheese5099, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Cheese5099
    Cheese5099 Guest

My xbox series X controller permanently thinks the left stick is clicked in even though it is not, whenever i play a game that has the left stick as an input it either wont work or will constantly repeat the input, as well as when I am moving around the xbox menus, it will move faster than normal as if the stick were pushed in or the right stick was moved in any direction. Ive looked everywhere online and nothing has worked to fix the issue, some examples of games this affects is in GTA V if im driving, the horn is always going no matter what i do and my stealth mode input just doesnt work, and in overwatch 2 my interact button is rapidly being input so if i walk near anything that can be interacted with, it will automatically interact

:)

Cheese5099, Jan 9, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the left thumbstick on your Xbox Series X controller. It's possible that the thumbstick is not properly calibrated or that there is some debris stuck under the thumbstick. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Calibrate the thumbstick.

2. Clean the thumbstick and the area around it. Use a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol to gently clean the thumbstick and the area around it. This can help remove any dirt or debris that may be causing the issue.

3. Check for debris. If there is debris stuck under the thumbstick, it could be causing the thumbstick to register as being pressed when it is not. Carefully inspect the thumbstick and use a small tool, such as a toothpick or a pin, to remove any debris that you find.

4. Check the controller's firmware. Make sure that you have the latest firmware installed on your controller.

If none of these steps fix the issue, it's possible that there is a problem with the controller itself. In this case, you may need to consider sending in your controller to have it repaired/replaced.
  3. SilasJohn2001 Win User

Should I return my controller for a replacement?

I would avoid Xbox Series X/S controllers. My first controller that came with my Series X developed that same issue. After ignoring it for a while (because I play shooters where "A" jumps once) it developed a stick drift. It was internal, and had nothing to do with the actually stick, I later found out. Then every button started double pressing, triple pressing. After figuring out I couldn't get it replaced, I disassembled it and made sure everything was clean and clicked into place. It was. Just blew through ANOTHER Series XS controller after less than 4 months. This time my left stick can't reach full velocity when pushed forward, (which has nearly killed me in Resident Evil, like a thousand times).

So, based on my experience, I can tell you this is very normal for this particular xbox controller.
  4. RogueTeamster Win User

Day One controller thumsticks drifting

My Titanfall controller left thumb stick is doing it also. Constantly drifting up after I push up. My standard controller that came with my system seems fine. Curious if it's something fixable or deos it need to be replaced. Been over 90 days for the warranty.
    Feeling stuck
  5. iBakez Win User

Analogue Stick Drift - Have you had it?

FPS is the worst for controllers developing drift as you are constantly pushing down on the sticks and thus loosening the springs/mechanism inside.. also click to sprint is a killer for sticks!
  6. KevinS6S Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller left stick only registering half movement up???

I have noticed if you remove the thumb stick the range of motion when pushing up now registers the full range of motion. It’s as if by having the thumb stick on it stops the controller from registering the full range upward
Thema:

1. Xbox series X controller left stick constantly registered as pushed in - Similar Threads - series controller left

2. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  6. ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...: if i move the stick in a anti clockwise rotation it becomes really stiff and right side of the stick basically locks up, if i spin it in the opposite direction it feels like a brand new controller...
  7. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  10. Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...: Hello the left side seems to be weak and has some weird rotation sound which is not really normal. Normally the controller has a lisght spinning sound but not as loud as it is now I’ve had the...