Xbox Series X Controller Left Stick Button not working?

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Left Stick Button not working? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got my XSX about a month ago and I’ve spent most of my time playing FPS’ where the left stick is used to run and sprint by pushing the Left Stick... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by XSX JMoney, Dec 22, 2020.

1. XSX JMoney
    XSX JMoney Guest

I got my XSX about a month ago and I’ve spent most of my time playing FPS’ where the left stick is used to run and sprint by pushing the Left Stick button. I’m noticing now that while my left stick button still works, it’s noticeability is nearly non-existant.
    Is this a widespread issue? Or is it maybe a fault in my specific remote?

:)

XSX JMoney, Dec 22, 2020
  2. D4vid 360 Win User

Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues

personally i am not happy with the quality of the elite series controller: for such a high price it should be much more resistant. After less than 6 months mine series 1 started having stick issues (slow constant movement towards the left, alway), which
    is very annoying, and after 9 months Rb button started not to work. I hope series x controller will be better quality: i would pay 20 bucks more for a better quality controller
  3. Jasperrdm Win User

Button layout

I found one. Chime in if this does not match with what you know.

Xbox One controller layout

Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Aim

Left Stick press - Tactical Power

Right bumper button - Class Mechanic

Right Trigger - At Will 1

Left Trigger - At Will 2

X button - Encounter 1

Y button - Encounter 2

B button - Encounter 3

Left bumper button + X button - Daily 1

Left bumper button + Y button - Daily 2

Left bumper button + B button - Artifact

Non-Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Camera

Right Stick press - AutoRun

A button - Interact

Left menu button - Focus on status

Right menu button - Start menu

D-pad up - Mount

D-pad left - Consumable item 1

D-pad down - Consumable item 2

D-pad right - Consumable item 3

Left bumper button + D-pad up - Map

Left bumper button + D-pad left - Inventory

Left bumper button + D-pad down - Chat

Left bumper button + D-pad right - Invocation

Left bumper button + A button - Jump
  4. Tomm_A Win User

How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

Hello Aptom,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to inverting the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" from the guide.

3. Select "Settings" from the Profile & system menu.

4. Select "Ease of Access" from the Settings menu.

5. Select "Controller" from the Ease of Access menu.

6. Select "Button mapping" from the Controller menu.

7. Select "Invert right stick X axis" from the Button mapping menu.

8. Toggle the switch to "On" to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick.

If the steps do not work, try the step below:

To invert the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X, you need to use the Xbox Accessories app. This app allows you to customize your controller settings, such as swapping sticks, triggers, buttons, and inverting axes.

Here are the steps to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick:

• Launch the Xbox Accessories app from your Xbox Series X dashboard or download it from the Microsoft Store if you don’t have it already.
    • Select the controller that you want to customize and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Configure and then choose a slot to save your custom profile.
    • Select the right stick and press the A button on your controller.
    • Select Invert X-axis and press the A button again to confirm.
    • Press the B button to go back to the previous screen and then select Save to apply your changes.
    You can also rename your custom profile and assign it to a specific game if you want. Your custom profile will be applied to all games that you play with that controller, unless you switch to another profile or the default one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. TripleTopper321 Win User

Why is Invert Y axis an option and Invert X axis not?

Actually it is on the system level. The downloading app on Xbox called the Xbox accessories app. It works for both regular controllers and adaptive controllers.

That is like the almost perfect app for dealing with controllers.

You convert the left stick Y Axis, you can invert the right stick y axis.

You could swap the left stick and the right stick functions but you can't invert either x-axis.

Also the buttons have a funny issue that the triggers can only be swapped with each other and all the other made buttons could be swapped with each other but you can't mix triggers and non triggers.

I don't know if you do that that was a way that Xbox universally deals with controllers.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller Left Stick Button not working? - Similar Threads - Series Controller Left

2. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  6. ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive brought a elite control series 2 core white off amazon about a week ago and the left...: if i move the stick in a anti clockwise rotation it becomes really stiff and right side of the stick basically locks up, if i spin it in the opposite direction it feels like a brand new controller...
  7. Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 core controller left hair trigger is unreliable.: I just got an elite series 2 core controller for my birthday, and J was excited to use it on COD. My excitement pretty much vanishes when I realized that when aiming in any game (COD warzone, GTA,...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  10. Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey! The left side of my Xbox series s controller seems to work light wile the right side...: Hello the left side seems to be weak and has some weird rotation sound which is not really normal. Normally the controller has a lisght spinning sound but not as loud as it is now I’ve had the...