Xbox Series X Controller Issues.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I've had several problems with Xbox Series X controllers. The main problems include stick drift and bumper problems. In the space of 2 years I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dave4Ruby, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Dave4Ruby
    Dave4Ruby Guest

Hi I've had several problems with Xbox Series X controllers. The main problems include stick drift and bumper problems. In the space of 2 years I've had the original controller that came with my Xbox series X which became faulty with stick drift, this was repaired under warranty but only lasted a few months so I bought another new controller, once again it lasted a few months and I had a issue with the bumper sticking, it was repaired and lasted just 2 months, so I had to buy a 3rd controller which became faulty with stick drift so I've ended up with 3 broken controllers this is totally unacceptable, may I point out that I am 58 years old and always take good care of my things. This is totally unacceptable, it seems there are serious problems with Series X controllers and this needs to be addressed. I've just sent back the 3rd controller to the repair center, I have a feeling it won't last long. I'm still however left with 2 broken controllers 1 with stick drift and 1 with a bumper problem both out of warranty now.

I'm seriously thinking about changing my console to a PS5 because of my experience with the controllers.

:)

Dave4Ruby, Nov 17, 2023
  2. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
  3. Don8591 Win User

Xbox chat pad

I can't find one designed for series x controller. They are all for xbox one controller and don't fit series x controller properly.
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  5. LukeMQ Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I have an issue similar to yours and identical to other users: even after OS update 10.0.22000.2656,
    on Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu or in any other game that don't give this issue, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. This issue started since about 4 months after a system update. I have reported many times this issue and it has been reported by other users too.
    Analog sticks and triggers calibration from the system menu is missing, an essential feature in my opinion, I'm reporting this since 3 years.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox one controller

The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller Issues. - Similar Threads - Series Controller Issues

2. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.: Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face...
  3. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  4. Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the serial number????: Having issues registering Elite Series 2 controller as new device using the series number. I am looking at the serial number on the back of my official Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and trying to...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Warranty claim issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Warranty claim issues: I tried putting in a warranty claim, as my rubber grips have started to come off completely and I am met with: "There are no service options available, for further assistance contact us." So I...
  6. Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue: I bought Xbox Series X on the 11th September 2023, i.e 5 days ago. The controller that came with the XBOX is faulty, everytime I press the X-button, it gets stuck. I then registered the device...
  7. Hello, Im having issues with my xbox series controller on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, Im having issues with my xbox series controller on my pc: The issue is that it becomes unresponsive, I use it wired and there's days that works and others that does not, I dont know what could be happening, I've tried with different cables, different...
  8. xbox elite series controller bumper issues no acknowledgement from Microsoft SOLUTION

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite series controller bumper issues no acknowledgement from Microsoft SOLUTION: It pains me to be writing this however, it must be addressed after the purchase of a $200 controller. not even six months into moderate use, the controller bumpers are malfunctioning. upon google...
  9. Xbox series X|S wireless controller issues on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X|S wireless controller issues on PC: Hello! Earlier today when I turned my controller on for the first time in about 2 to 3 weeks, I discovered that every button other than the thumb sticks(but not the clicks), triggers, and power...
  10. Issue with my Xbox series X/S controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with my Xbox series X/S controller: The problem is that sometimes my contolller detects the LT button as the RT button. Do you know something about why? (PC) 7e1f6062-a49d-40c0-81a5-9f5bd830e7a3