Xbox Series X Controller/Headset Interference

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller/Headset Interference in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good day, This issue is only on my Series X not my Xbox One X. While playing video games with my friend online, my headset audio with become glitchy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RALPH MITCHULS, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Controller/Headset Interference

Good day,

This issue is only on my Series X not my Xbox One X.

While playing video games with my friend online, my headset audio with become glitchy or what you might consider choppy. On occasions my controller will start to flash and disconnect. I’ve bought new controllers and new headsets but nothing fixes the issue and at this point I’m almost positive that the issue lies within the Series X.

I’ve tried calling Microsoft but I just get the standard run around with hard resetting it, check for controller updates yet nothing works. It’s gotten to the point while trying to play FIFA that we’ve lost matches in our Co-Op season because my controller will disconnect then FIFA kicks us out of the game.

I’ve searched online for relatable topics but haven’t found one specifically addressing this issue. To me, it seems like some kind of interference with the Bluetooth but my Xbox is directly in front of me so it doesn’t make sense that anything would be blocking it,m. Any help on this matter would greatly be appreciated.

:)

RALPH MITCHULS, Oct 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Ralph

May I know if you tried connecting the controller wired and check if the issue persist?

If not, when you say "hard resetting" are you referring to power cycle the console or factory reset it?
    Factory reset: Settings > system > console info > reset
    Power cycle:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If you already tried both things, may I know if you're using an insider build/ beta OS in your console?
    And, to see if maybe you have any kind of interference in the room
    Can you try connecting the console in another place and check how it goes?
  3. AdamShare Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset keeps breaking up/disconnecting from Series X

I have the same issue.

Controller and headset both disconnect or have some sort interference. Never had a problem on my Xbox One or Series S. But the problem is persistent on Series X.

Have tried all sorts of things like disabling all wifi and getting a new router. Nothing helps.
  4. NotoriousVIG Win User

No Game Audio when Audio output through both headset and speakers

yes on xbox series x. with all controllers. wired headset.
  5. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  6. miketja Win User

Series X and wireless Headsets issues

I have the exact same issue, same headsets too. I bought the Turtle 600 gen 2 and had this issue, then bought the new Xbox Wireless Headset, hoping it'd work better, but it doesn't. Exact same symptoms -- playing a game like Gears 5 or Metro Exodus, with a Series X and the new controller, any cutscenes will have audio stuttering after 10-20 seconds. If I move the stick on the controller, the audio comes back... and then stutters again after 10-20 seconds. This is repeatable and consistent. Standard (release) Series X software, latest updates applied to controller and headsets.

It's a known problem since launch, lots of reports, and lots of comments that it's being fixed in a future software release. Clearly this hasn't been fixed yet. So, is there any workaround, other than connecting an old Xbox One controller? Does it matter which audio codec is used (I'm using Dolby Atmos)?

It's not local RF interference, I've minimised that too, and ensured I have line-of-sight to the Xbox. And given that it is clearly reproducible and directly relates to whether the Series X controller is being used, and doesn't matter which headset I use, it definitely seems like a Series X problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller/Headset Interference - Similar Threads - Series Controller Headset

2. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  3. Controller and headset disconnecting from series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and headset disconnecting from series x: Happens a few times a week where it will just keep happening every few minutes or so. Reset the console, tried different controllers etc but still does it. 8f724b47-cc25-4703-883f-a3a9ff301ceb
  4. Headset controller sound Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset controller sound Xbox series S: Hello, I am at wits end on this now. For some reason, when I plug our headset into my second controller, I get no sound, this is a Xbox original wireless controller that I bought last week, and...
  5. Xbox Series X controller permanently saying headset attached when no headset is attached

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller permanently saying headset attached when no headset is attached: I’ve had my Xbox X a week and today have had the issue where the controller is saying there is a headset attached permanently when there isn’t in fact a headset attached, I’ve updated the...
  6. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller: I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my...
  7. Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: Guys I'm literally at my whits end with this system. I have went through three controllers (two regular and one elite) and two headsets (steelseries and Xbox wireless) and theres not a day that...
  8. No audio through series S controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through series S controller headset: I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine....
  9. Series X controller analog stick dirft then freeze, headset allway connect while the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller analog stick dirft then freeze, headset allway connect while the...: After i wake up, open my pc, log in my game play a little then my controller go nut. the both analog sticks move down right-down then freeze, i cant give it any input ( i can still press it ), the...
  10. Xbox Series controller shuts off while using Crunchyroll App using a Headset every 10...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller shuts off while using Crunchyroll App using a Headset every 10...: This seems to happen only when I'm using the Crunchyroll app. Everytime I watch anything on Crunchyroll with my headphones plugged in my Xbox Series X|S controller it always shuts off after 10...