Xbox Series X Controller Freaks Out When Wireless?

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Freaks Out When Wireless? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just bought an official Xbox Series X Controller. When it's plugged in to my PC with a USB-C cable it works fine, but when I try to use to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NathW90, Oct 5, 2022.

1. NathW90
    NathW90 Guest

I've just bought an official Xbox Series X Controller. When it's plugged in to my PC with a USB-C cable it works fine, but when I try to use to wirelessly, the right and left analogue sticks seem to swap function, some buttons won't work at all and in the FIFA 23 menus, for example, it just constantly cycles to the left uncontrollably as if you're holding the analogue stick that way. As soon as I plug it in this all stops and works fine. This is on a HP Omen PC running the latest version of Windows 11.

What on earth is going on?

:)

NathW90, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi NathW90, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly make sure that your controller is up to date by following the steps below:

"1. Open the Xbox Accessories app.

2. Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

3. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update"

If that didn't work, are you connected via Bluetooth or through an Xbox Wireless Adapter? If via Bluetooth make sure that you have the updated driver for the Bluetooth.
  3. Rocket_31 Win User

Xbox Series X controller considered 2 in game (Windows) | Manette Xbox Series X considéré comme 2 en jeu (Windows)

Hi yes, with my XBOX ONE controller all is ok. When i use my XBOX SERIES X controller with cable, it's seem to be ok too.

It's really when i play with wireless on XBOX SERIES X controller....
  4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox downgrading (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-firmware-reversion) function doesn work is thair another way?

If I may ask, is this an Xbox One Wireless Controller or Xbox Series X|S Wireless controller?
  5. John P_14 Win User

Will any wireless controller work on a series s?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Xbox wireless controllers, including the latest Xbox Wireless Controllers included with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, are compatible with the Xbox Series S. In addition, some older Xbox One wireless controllers work with the Xbox Series S. As for third-party wireless controllers, the compatibility depends on the specific controller and whether it is designed to work with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Ant eSports controller you mentioned appears to be a third-party controller designed for PC gaming, and it may not be compatible with the Xbox Series S.
  6. Angie Bettis Win User

Xbox game pass (streaming) controller

I’m using the controller that came with the Xbox series x wireless controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller Freaks Out When Wireless? - Similar Threads - Series Controller Freaks

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  7. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  8. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  9. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  10. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...