Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, As title suggest's my Xbox Series X Controller keep disconnecting from the PC when wired. I prefer to play wired as lower input lag. Have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PadraighGriffin1, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11.

Hi,

As title suggest's my Xbox Series X Controller keep disconnecting from the PC when wired. I prefer to play wired as lower input lag.

Have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions such as changing ports, updating firmware etc. Even bought a new controller and it has the same issue.

Anyone solve this. I have seen posts before but no firm solution.

Inexcusable that MS hardware isn't rock solid in it's own ecosystem.

:)

PadraighGriffin1, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Qeyxar Win User

This sounds like the disconnection issue which is listed in the known issues section of the Xbox system updates since a couple of months. It also affects PC connection no matter if you are using a wireless or wired connection.

If you have an Xbox One console or newer you can downgrade the controller firmware using the pre-installed Xbox Assist app on it. Visit this thread here to find out how.

Unfortunately this does not work with the PC version of the app.

Good luck!
  3. MarshallCouch Win User

I recently started having this same issue with Windows 11. I'm using a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired controller. Sometimes a button will get stuck on disconnect. Looks like the light stays on the controller like it's still connected.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
  5. Mr. McGritz Win User

Wired Controller not recognized by Xbox Cloud Gaming

I am using a PDP Wired Controller designed for Series X, Xbox Onez and Windows 10/11.

I have not tried cloud gaming with this controller on a different device as I would have no way to connect the controller and device (it is not Bluetooth enabled).
  6. Adyem Win User

Streaming to xbox controller input problem

Is this the first time that you use the wireless display app or this started happening just now?

First time, i managed to get my xbox series x yesterday trough help from a friend so i'm also still verry unfamillier with the software, i'm jumping from a 360 to a series x never having used an xbox one before.

Your wireless controller is connected via wired or wireless?

Wireless

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Windows 11

If you have another controller, the same happens?

Yes, i first tried on my elite wireless 2 controller and now i tried on the stock controller from the series x and it seems to happen as well

My primairy goal was to stream games so i could use my bigger TV schreen
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller Disconnecting from PC USB Wired. Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Series Controller Disconnecting

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  4. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  6. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  7. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  8. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.: I’m in alpha updates and I’ve noticed while I was playing Dead Island 2, whenever I’d click the guide button the controller freezes, disconnects and then reconnects. Even my Xbox wireless headset...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...