Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Come on Microsoft fix this or I will keep ordering controller and then asking for a refund indefinitely. After the last windows update, the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlbanNogaret, Aug 6, 2022.

1. AlbanNogaret
    AlbanNogaret Guest

Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...

Come on Microsoft fix this or I will keep ordering controller and then asking for a refund indefinitely.

After the last windows update, the controller stopped working. It connects to the dongle when I switch it on as lights on the controller AND adapter blinks and then became steady. But nothing is happening in Windows. The controller is not appearing anywhere or does not work in game.

When I plug it in via USB, the controller appears in the device manager... BUT STILL DOES NOT WORK IN GAME.

I tried the exact same procedure with a Xbox One controller. And in both cases (Wireless & USB) the controller connects the same way BUT appears in the Xbox Accessories app and is useable in game.

So well done Microsoft your last update the broke your FIRST PARTY 120$+ controller. FIX THIS PLEASE it seems it has been happening in multiple updates in the past! THIS + surround sound not working in some game due to badly coded Windows 10 on the Xbox Headset ! YOU MAKE THE WORST GAMING DEVICES FOR YOU OWN PLATFORM WELL DONE

Don't you have a QA team ????

:)

AlbanNogaret, Aug 6, 2022
  2. AlbanNogaret Win User

Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere in Windows

It worked for a couple of weeks then I have the same problem again.

It's my second adapter on two different PCs.

IT IS NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE

Purely a software one coming from Microsoft. And it seems it's happening after the first restart after an update restart.

Why is this product so bad ?

The Xbox adapter is also very unreliable in terms of sound quality with the Xbox Series X headset. Every device passed through the adapter is considered a controller even the headset hence, it has some very bad issues in some games such as Warzone, F12022 etc. when activating surround sound. And these are not small games. NOT A PROBLEM COMING FROM THE GAMES' DEVS BUT MICROSOFT

I think this is lazy programming from the teams who developed the adapter's driver + ZERO QA work done on this product, that's purely it.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere in Windows

Hi ALBANNOGARET! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If I understand correctly, one of the controllers doesn't work but another controller does, are both original Xbox controllers?

Have you tested a different Pc with the same devices?

Sometimes you need to uninstall the driver for the USB wireless adapter then reinstall it have you tried this?
  4. marc 651 Win User

Bluetooth adapter for x box controller??

I have got a tip that makes a wired controller uses a android device to connect to a PC.

But I want to connect a wired controller to my X Box series X,using somithing simular.

Or another bluetooth adapter.....
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Why can't I pair up Bluetooth wireless earbuds with my console?

it uses wifi that the xbox has a receiver and sender for, similar to the microsoft pc wireless adapter but obviously built into the console.

no bluetooth at all. there is not a single bluetooth chip in the console, the modern xbox controller connect via wifi to the console or bluetooth to phones and pc if not using the adapter for pc. only the controller has bluetooth and this is basic at best.

Does the Xbox Series X or Series S support Bluetooth? | Windows Central

No Bluetooth for Xbox Series X

The Xbox Series X doesn't have Bluetooth, similarly to the Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X. The reason is simple; the Bluetooth signal isn't strong enough to meet Microsoft's specifications for latency. Microsoft uses its proprietary signal, dubbed Xbox Wireless, for connecting controllers and other accessories, like the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and the SteelSeries 9X wireless headsets.

Microsoft's signal is far stronger than Bluetooth. Since many people typically game while sitting far away from their consoles in the living room or so on, Bluetooth's susceptibility to interference increases exponentially at longer ranges. If you were hoping you could use a USB Bluetooth adapter, it wouldn't work either, as the Xbox Series X and other Xbox One consoles don't have the drivers necessary to power them.
  6. Omega Chefe Win User

I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc

Make sure that your PC has WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity in case you plan to use a Xbox One controller.

I use a Xbox 360 on my pc through the Wireless adapter like my colleague StuartATrueRed showed.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere... - Similar Threads - Series Controller connecting

2. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  6. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  7. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  8. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  9. Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a usb dongle for connecting Xbox series s to controller?: Howdy! So here’s the deal, I have my tv mounted to my wall and recently mounted my Xbox behind the TV as well. Now my controller keeps disconnecting. I put my Xbox below the tv on the shelf as a...
  10. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...