Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth)

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, this is the issue I´m having. I have several Xbox One Controllers and a Xbox Wireless Dongle for PC. I recently bought a new Xbox Series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jose IgnacioSánchez1, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth)

So, this is the issue I´m having.

I have several Xbox One Controllers and a Xbox Wireless Dongle for PC.

I recently bought a new Xbox Series Controller.

So I boot it up, press the Sync button and it connects without problem to the Wireless Dongle.

I check for firmware updates, and it says theres one.

I update the controller, everything goes great, I play a little bit with it, no issues.

Then I try to turn it on again.

It doesn´t connect. Weird. I think maybe theres another firmware update?

The Xbox Accesories App says it´s not connected.

I try to connect via Bluetooth, and it connects with no problems. But I cannot use the Xbox Accesories App through Bluetooth. So I turn off Bluetooth, reset the controller, try to connect with a USB C cable. Nothing.

So now I have the controller, which can only connect through Bluetooth. But I found that the connection to the Xbox Wireless Dongle tends to be much better. I would like to use the Xbox Accesories App but I can´t since it does not work through Bluetooth. I can´t update or search for firmware updates since it´s not connecting via USB or the Dongle.

All my Xbox One Controllers work flawlesly through USB, or Wireless. Tried 3 cables, all the ports on the PC.

Any help?

Thanks

:)

Jose IgnacioSánchez1, Mar 18, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

You are most welcome, Jose IgnacioSánchez1.

We are glad we have helped you in finding resolution to your concern. Don't hesitate to post your concern or open a discussion here in Microsoft community - Ask a question.

Happy Gaming!

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Jose IgnacioSánchez1,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you were trying to connect your Xbox Series X Controller to your Windows 11 PC however it is not recognize. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

As per your description you have tried different cable and ports however it does not work as it should be. We need to further isolate this issue and see if the cause is your PC not recognizing any ports inserted or Windows itself needs repair. To properly isolate your concern, we will be asking some questions.

1. May we know who manufactured your PC or is it customized?
    2. Will your PC recognize if your headset or phone or other devices connected?
    3. Did you encounter any error message or code upon connecting the controller or new devices to the PC? If yes, please post a screenshot and conceal any personal information.
    4. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    Resources, you might like to check:

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows device

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Jose IgnacioSánchez1,

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been answered. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Kind regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Jose IgnacioSánchez1,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation. Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

6. Jose IgnacioSánchez Win User

Ok, so the problem is solved now. Here are the steps I followed.

- Uninstalled Xbox Accesories App

- Uninstalled all Driver in the Device Manager related to "Xbox Controller" and "Xbox Wireless Adapter"

- Unplugged the Wireless Adapter

- Turn off Bluetooth

- Turn off the PC

- Reset the Xbox Series Controller pairing (Hold connect button for x seconds)

- Turn off Xbox Series Controller

- Boot the PC

- Insert the Wireless Adapter -> Drivers are installed automatically

- Turn on Xbox Series controller

- Succesfully paired with the Wireless Adapter!!

- Install Xbox Accesories App -> Controller recognized :)

- Turn on Bluetooth

Thanks for the answer, Kathy and sorry for the delay but life prevented me from answering earlier.

The fact that running a simple troubleshooting routine solved it points at a software issue so I don´t expect to have this problem again.

Hope this helps someone.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller can´t connect to Windows 11 (Except via Bluetooth) - Similar Threads - Series Controller can´t

2. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  3. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  5. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  6. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  7. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  8. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  10. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...