Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a controller that is having left stick and D-Pad issues after the firmware update. I have tried to revert the firmware through my Xbox and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gerald46547645873459, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

I have a controller that is having left stick and D-Pad issues after the firmware update. I have tried to revert the firmware through my Xbox and through a Windows 10 computer with the Xbox Accessories App. Neither of them work. I researched and found out that the 1914 Controller's Firmware cannot be reverted. There is also no way to factory reset the controllers. I have reset my Xbox Series X thinking that it would solve the problem but it didn't solve the problem.

When is there going to be a fix for this? I now have a controller that is useless. Is there going to be another controller firmware update to fix this? Please help resolve this issue.

:)

Gerald46547645873459, Sep 23, 2022
  2. EugeneGriffin Win User

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When will this be fixed?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C. welcome to the community.

Hello Gerald46547645873459, try to follow the procedures below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

And make sure your console already has the last September update.
    This does not work for the 1914 Xbox Controller. This only works for controllers before the 1914 model. Their needs to be an option that works for the 1914 model controller.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When will this be fixed?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Gerald46547645873459, try to follow the procedures below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

And make sure your console already has the last September update.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  5. BritishCharlie Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Distorted Audio on Elite Xbox Controller Used on PC

Hello PoPandaChang,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand that your audio is distorted while using the Elite Series controller. By chance, did you notice the error occur after a recent firmware update with the controller/a recent Windows update? Are you currently playing on a Windows 10 or a Windows 11 device?

Once you're able, please confirm if your Windows device is updated. You may follow the steps here: Update Windows for steps on how to do this.

If the error is still occurring after updating your Windows, download the Xbox Accessories app and search for your current version update for your Elite Series controller. The current firmware update should be 5.13.3143.0. Knowing the version you're currently on will help me troubleshoot with you further.

Thank you!

-Tali
Thema:

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

1. Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When... - Similar Threads - Series Controller 1914

2. Xbox Series 2 controller left stick sounds clunky and has an unresponsive click.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series 2 controller left stick sounds clunky and has an unresponsive click.: Hi, I just bought a new Xbox Series 2 controller via Amazon. The first controller had a broken left stick out of box. It was clunky and i could not make a smooth round movement with the stick....
  3. Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC: I have a series x controller and the dongle to it. My controller keeps disconnecting nonstop. Within a few seconds/minutes of use it disconnects, and it becomes worthless. I recently updated the...
  4. Xbox Series S Controller Shipping Directions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller Shipping Directions: I need to send a controller in for service but something that bugs me is the directions. It says that all accessories or removable parts will need to be removed. Does that include the battery...
  5. Xbox controller not properly working for Series X anymore exclusively.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not properly working for Series X anymore exclusively.: RESOLVED: Hard reset aka unplugging console’s power fixed it. Alright. I have 3 controllers and 3 devices I am using to troubleshoot this issue. My main controller, a OEM XS controller, is not...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Freaks Out When Wireless?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Freaks Out When Wireless?: I've just bought an official Xbox Series X Controller. When it's plugged in to my PC with a USB-C cable it works fine, but when I try to use to wirelessly, the right and left analogue sticks seem...
  7. Xbox Series X Controller Warranty Date Incorrect; How to Correct?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Warranty Date Incorrect; How to Correct?: I registered my Volt Xbox Series S|X controller online, and the warranty expired prior to my purchase date. Warranty expired in June 2022, but item was purchased 29JUL22. I've tried to contact...
  8. XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Series S Controller RB button doesn't work and other issues after firmware update via...: Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. Windows Version 21H2 build 19044.2006 I've been using the controller in question on Windows 10 via USB for a long time without any issues....
  9. Xbox Series S, 1914 controller disconnect if USB port use for charge NOT console accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, 1914 controller disconnect if USB port use for charge NOT console accessories: Hi! I have some problem. If I connect to one of USB-port Xbox Series S my Huawei Freebuds 3i headphones for charge it, controller have long connect to Xbox and disconnect after 3-5 second. It...
  10. Compatibility with Xbox Series Controller (Model 1914) and Xbox Wireless Adapter V1 (Model...

in XBoX on Windows
    Compatibility with Xbox Series Controller (Model 1914) and Xbox Wireless Adapter V1 (Model...: Hello, I would like to buy a Xbox Series Controller (Model 1914) to play on PC, and i already have an Xbox Wireless Adapter V1 (Model 1713, the first big one). This will work together, or do i...