Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a controller that is having left stick and D-Pad issues after the firmware update. I have tried to revert the firmware through my Xbox and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gerald46547645873459, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

I have a controller that is having left stick and D-Pad issues after the firmware update. I have tried to revert the firmware through my Xbox and through a Windows 10 computer with the Xbox Accessories App. Neither of them work. I researched and found out that the 1914 Controller's Firmware cannot be reverted. There is also no way to factory reset the controllers. I have reset my Xbox Series X thinking that it would solve the problem but it didn't solve the problem.

When is there going to be a fix for this? I now have a controller that is useless. Is there going to be another controller firmware update to fix this? Please help resolve this issue.

:)

Gerald46547645873459, Sep 23, 2022
  2. EugeneGriffin Win User

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When will this be fixed?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C. welcome to the community.

Hello Gerald46547645873459, try to follow the procedures below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

And make sure your console already has the last September update.
    This does not work for the 1914 Xbox Controller. This only works for controllers before the 1914 model. There needs to be an option that works for the 1914 model controller.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When will this be fixed?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Gerald46547645873459, try to follow the procedures below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

And make sure your console already has the last September update.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  5. BritishCharlie Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
  6. Eletricdrum Win User

Do the xbox one controllers model 1708 have shock motors in the bumpers?

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

The both model have 4 motors, 2 in the triggers and 2 in the handles..

You can clearly see the motors in the following links:

Model 1914 Xbox Series:

Xbox Series X|S Wireless Controller (Model 1914) Full Disassembly - iFixit Repair Guide

Model 1708 Xbox One

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xbox+One+Wireless+...

Note: These links are third-party and maybe can be exposed to hyperlinks, search engines and advertisements.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When...

1. Xbox Series X Controller (1914) is acting strange after Firmware Update 5.13.3143.0. When... - Similar Threads - Series Controller 1914

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  5. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  6. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  7. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  9. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games: I got my xbox sx in December from ab Ebay seller. Was pretty much brand new. Since I have had it on certain games the controller disconnects and reconn̈acts for no reason. Does this on Alan wake ,...