xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv...

Discus and support xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; question says it all. and before you ask; yes, i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all cords from both the monitor and the console. yes, i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Neth4855, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Neth4855
    Neth4855 Guest

xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv...

question says it all. and before you ask;

yes, i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all cords from both the monitor and the console.
    yes, i have used other hdmi cords to see if it was a faulty cable
    yes, i have put the console into safe mode, then booted it into low resolution mode
    yes, i have attempted to factory reset the device as a last resort.
    yes, i have tried resetting the display settings on the monitor itself
    yes, i have enabled HDMI-CEC

i should also note that the monitor works perfectly fine with my pc and everything else. and has worked perfectly fine with the xbox series x before i hooked it up to the 1080p tv and then back to the monitor.

at this point im very certain it is a bug. i see posts about this online everywhere and none of them have answers. this is extremely infuriating as i capture the display of my console to livestream on twitch, and its forced me into a massive hiatus due to that configuration not working on the 1080p tv. i just got this console a few months ago, and if i cant get answers here i honestly might just turn it in and go for ps5. between this, the capture issues, xbox remote play issues, and input issues, this console is slowly starting to seem like a joke. i've never had remotely near this many issues with my old xbox one.

:)

Neth4855, Jun 3, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X|S and lower resolutions

Does the 1080p support go for both the Series S and Series X, or just the Series S?
    1080p is supported by both Series X / S,

However if your only playing at 1080p and have no plan's of upgrading to a 4K TV / Monitor, The Xbox Series S would be recommended as is a 1080p / 1440p gaming console and you would save £/$200, than getting the Series X, as that is a 4K gaming console and
    you would never get to use the full potential of it if used on a 1080p TV / Monitor.

https://youtu.be/VIHny-XP8jM
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X work on a 1080p TV?

Yes, The Xbox Series X will play at 1080p fine, but the Xbox Series X is a 4K gaming console,

If you're not planning to upgrade to a 4K TV / Monitor, I'd say it not worth getting the Series X in my opinion, you're much better off with the Xbox Series S as that is a 1080p / 1440p gaming console and you'll save some money if you're staying at 1080p,

at 4:45 has some info on the Series S.

https://youtu.be/7S3s7NCVzDQ?t=285

https://youtu.be/VIHny-XP8jM
  4. Ronnieee Win User

xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv and back to the 4k monitor

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox console video problem.

Have you tried doing a reset on the console when being hooked up to the 4k monitor?

Like doing the manual reset just to see if something comes up on the screen.

The settings might be stuck with the lower resolution or this could be a firmware problem. Your console should be in warranty though if it is still within a year and it can be sent in for service if needed.
  5. Neth4855 Win User

xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv and back to the 4k monitor

hello ronnie,

yes, ive tried resetting the console manually while its hooked up to the 4k monitor. the strangest thing is that this monitor worked with the console before; it only stopped working after i used it on the 1080p television for some time. i dont think its an issue hardware wise as the console works on every other screen in the house. and the monitor works with every other device i hook it up to. for some reason it just does not work with the xbox
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series S over X?

Basically the rundown is:

Xbox Series X:

Has a spot for discs

Has better graphics

More Expensive

Xbox Series S:

Entirely Digital (No spot for a disk)

Not as great graphics but still good

Less Expensive

So it's honestly up to you whether or not you want to get the better of the consoles, though the Xbox Series S would work for everything you would want it to.

If you still aren't sure you can look at this article I found explaining it more in-depth: https://www.techradar.com/news/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s-which-xbox-will-be-right-for-you
    I wouldn't consider the Series S as the lesser of the two,

These consoles are much more like PC's in term's of spec and performance than previous generation consoles, and as with PC gaming, you get / buy or build a system to what resolution and refresh rate of what your TV / Monitor is being used,

"as an example",

"Your not going to buy an RTX 3090 for your PC at £/$1,500 just for the card, that's capable of gaming at 8K to only use it on a 1080p TV / Monitor, that's a huge waste of money."

The same can be said of these new consoles,

The Series S is designed and aimed at 1080p/1440p gaming as to why the spec's of the Series S aren't as high as the Series X, because if your not planning on gaming at 4K, you don't need all that extra power that the Series X offers as that is designed and
    aimed at 4K gaming.

I have a 4K TV and a 4K Gaming Monitor so for me, I'm get the Series X,

However, If I was to only have a 1080p TV / Monitor and no plan's of upgrading to 4K, I would've been getting the Series S instead.
Thema:

1. xbox series x console black screen on 4k monitor after switching the console to a 1080p tv... - Similar Threads - series console black

2. When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    When Updates Are Coming to Series S and X Consoles: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c56da21c-daf2-404a-bc36-10e94434f9a0
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  5. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  6. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  7. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  8. If I have 2 xbox series x consoles (or two xbox towers as I like to call them), how could I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I have 2 xbox series x consoles (or two xbox towers as I like to call them), how could I...: If I have 2 xbox series x consoles (or two xbox towers as I like to call them), how could I fuse these two consoles into one ultimate powerhouse xbox with 24 teraflops of power?...
  9. Xbox Series X is a cheaply made, abysmal console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X is a cheaply made, abysmal console: Had an Xbox series X for a while now and it's just absolutely bad. Terrible first party games, nonexistent customer support, cheaply made terrible controllers (I have reverted to using my Xbox...
  10. Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console: We've got an old Thrustmaster Ferrari Italia racing wheel with pedals and a new Xbox Series X console. Now we can't connect the wheel with Xbox. After connecting the wheel with the consoles USB,...