Xbox series X connection dropping

Discus and support Xbox series X connection dropping in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently set up my series X onto my accommodations wifi, and the connection drops regularly but only on my xbox. I have tried the fixes from other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by izaakwilliams, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Xbox series X connection dropping

I recently set up my series X onto my accommodations wifi, and the connection drops regularly but only on my xbox. I have tried the fixes from other threads and none have seemed to work. unfortunately as it is wifi throughout the accommodation I do not have access to ethernet ports. I didn't have this issue on my xbox one, which was set up the exact same way with the mac address.

Is there anything I can do?

:)

izaakwilliams, Jan 25, 2022
  2. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi izaakwilliams! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Will be great to try a different network to test the Xbox connectivity, this can be achieved trough a mobile hotspot

Also if your Router/modem has 2.4 and 5.0 wifi network try on both
  4. EhsaanShaikh Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Yes i know it doesn’t support dolby atmos but it supports dolby digital which xbox series x does and i connect xbox to hdmi into soundbar it does give me option for 5.1 but resolution drops to 1080p
  5. MarmiteOP Win User

Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series X upgrade

Hi,

Online gaming on a console and a PC can have two types of latency:

Lag is when we are referring to internet connection/server latency. Owning the latest Xbox Series X|S won't fix this, if that's where the problem is.

Framerate and framerate drops are console hardware game specific. If the game is designed to run at 60fps, but there is a lot of things going on on screen this will result in dropped frames and can be seen during play as a stutter/judder, screen tearing and reduced controller responsiveness.

The Series X (and even the Series S) have much more capable hardware and generally won't drop frames in heavy area's like the now quite old Xbox One S does.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X connection dropping - Similar Threads - series connection dropping

2. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  5. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  6. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  7. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  8. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  9. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  10. Xbox Series X drops wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X drops wifi connection: Xbox Series X drops wifi connection and the won't be able to find any wifi. I have to reset my Xbox and keep my games and apps just so it will find my wifi. Any way to fix this? It happens every...