Xbox Series X confused by too many drives

Discus and support Xbox Series X confused by too many drives in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I noticed something weird today when I went to do a Game Pass quest for Fallout 76 and the Game Pass app wanted to install it. I was SURE I had it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dragonchasers, Dec 2, 2020.

  1. Xbox Series X confused by too many drives


    I noticed something weird today when I went to do a Game Pass quest for Fallout 76 and the Game Pass app wanted to install it. I was SURE I had it installed.

    Turns out I DID but the Xbox wasn't "seeing it"

    I have 4 storage devices:

    Internal Drive

    Seagate 1 TB Expansion Drive

    An external SSD

    An external HDD

    If I look at my game list and try to filter by storage location, the last drive doesn't appear in the drop down. And the Game Pass app, at least, doesn't "see" games that are installed on it.

    Admittedly I'm probably an edge case, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

    [Edit: Formatting]

    submitted by /u/dragonchasers
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/dragonchasers, Dec 2, 2020
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

    Hi,

    Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

    However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

    Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  3. ngocphi Win User

    Slow Xbox one x (Not Series Console)

    Fyi series consoles are just xboxes series x or s

    Not xbox one series

    Just to reduce the confusion

    You gotta remember people mistake xbox one x for a series x when it comes to requirements for example flight simulator

    With xbox one games they don't have a listing for s or x they are all compatible

    Where series s or x just means digital or disk

    Disk games don't work with series s or one s digital edition

    Back to your problem.

    Are you using an external hdd ?

    Also when it slows down again is it because you are filling up your hdd?

    As space becomes less computers do slow down

    It would be better to get an external drive and put infrequent games on there so you don't too much things on your internal drive
  4. KEVIN SAPWELL Win User

    XBOX telling me I have an enforcement 6 days ago

    1 other question the XBOX series X internal hard drive 1TB can Microsoft allow you to upgrade to 2TB internal storage or say 3TB or 4TB as many new games uses nearly 100 GB each so if you have 10 games the harddrive easily fills up I feel Microsoft should of made the Xbox series X internal harddrive expandable so you can increase the internal storage space of the device please don't confuse with card slots on the back of the console for Seagate expansion drive
  5. ngocphi Win User

    Xbox one series x problem

    There is no xbox one series x

    The series consoles are a completely separate from.xbox one

    You just Confuse people by saying it

    Ita xbox series s /x thats it

    When talking about system requirements

    Xbox one games work with xbox one games there is no requires xbox one s or x

    It's just xbox one

    Now with series games physical games are only compatible with series x

    This does not include xbox one x or s

    Digital games are compatible with series s or x but must be stored on nvme storage card or internal drive
  6. Dericka Win User

    Hogwarts

    Oh, I'm sorry for the confusion. Let me correct myself. This is a version for Xbox One too. However there's no version that can give you both games for Series S/X and Xbox One.
Thema:

Xbox Series X confused by too many drives

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X confused by too many drives - Similar Threads - Series confused too

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. So confused on what games to download for my One X now that everything is series X/S Optimized

    in XboX Insiders
    So confused on what games to download for my One X now that everything is series X/S Optimized: I just downloaded a game that says X/S Optimized AND it works on my Xbox One X. I can play it on there, I don't have to cloud stream to play it. So my question is, as an Xbox One X owner, how am...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 paddle controls confuse Roblox's platform detection.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 paddle controls confuse Roblox's platform detection.: When I play Roblox on my phone with my Xbox elite series 2, its paddle controls confuse Roblox into thinking I'm on pc, is there any way to fix this? 27569dad-fb1b-4b01-99dd-19c76881d12b