Xbox series x coil whine

Discus and support Xbox series x coil whine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Week ago I bought my Xbox series X and I am quite happy about how it works, but I noticed coil whine in my unit. It is audiable only when i am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryba1117, Nov 4, 2021.

  1. Ryba1117
    Ryba1117 Guest

    Xbox series x coil whine


    Hi Week ago I bought my Xbox series X and I am quite happy about how it works, but I noticed coil whine in my unit. It is audiable only when i am around fan or PSU. Reports say that Xbox should be pretty dead silent so I am here to ask you: is your units have coil whine? Is something to concern? Previous i send back my two PS5 units because of coil whine and I decided to go further with Xbox. Here is video with my unit https://youtu.be/uw8xDLjQnfg Thanks for your answers.

    :)
     
    Ryba1117, Nov 4, 2021
    #1
  2. Nursemorph Win User

    Xbox series x coil whine

    Here is second video. Maybe this is normal or I am too oversensitive about that noise. When I am sitting on couch this sound does not exist for me.

    https://youtube.com/shorts/nE2g3WxI3dA?feature=share
    Okay, I have just dug out my headset as that allows me to hear things my stereo doesn't pick up.

    I think, and that's all I can say with any certainty, I heard some coil whine in both videos.....however, given I can barely detect it (assuming that's what I can hear) using my headset on full, I wouldn't, personally, be too concerned about it.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

    Xbox series x coil whine

    I can't hear anything abnormal in that video, even with my stereo turned up to maximum..then again, all I can hear is the sound of you moving around etc.

    I would say that the Series X does pretty much run silent...I don't hear mine at all when it's on.

    Coil whine is always a possibility with anything with some sort of graphics card in it. However, it's possible it is the fan rather than the GPU

    Edit: Another question to ask is does it get worse when you are playing games? Especially intense graphics games?
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

    Xbox Series X Coil Whine

    Yes, like all electronic devices, they all emit a noise, no matter how small.

    It runs on power, so power goes through the device.
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

    Xbox Series X Coil Whine

    Hello!

    My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

    Morswinn, All electronic devices emit a noise (coil whine) as electrical energy passes through the device.

    It even has an internal source, which receives and normalizes this energy, so it's perfectly normal to hear a very low energy noise.

    I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

    Xbox Series X Coil Whine

    Depending on the game or function you use, more energy is demanded by the console and the noise can diversify.

    It will only be a console problem if the console turns off.
Thema:

Xbox series x coil whine

Loading...
  1. Xbox series x coil whine - Similar Threads - series coil whine

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...