Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

Discus and support Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, I'd like to ask about an issue that I keep having while playing Civ 6 on Xbox Series X. Anytime I start getting into turns 100+, the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SuperMutant4000, Jul 1, 2022.

  1. Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn


    Hello there, I'd like to ask about an issue that I keep having while playing Civ 6 on Xbox Series X. Anytime I start getting into turns 100+, the game begins crashing at random intervals of 1-3 turns. It's quite annoying and is making the game unplayable. I am running the base game with all DLC and expansions. Is there a way to mitigate the crashing? I'd settle with a crash every 10 turns because at least I could make some progress and autosaves will ensure progress isn't completely lost.

    I've tried doing a soft and hard reset, still doesn't alleviate the issue. I've reset keeping games and apps only, hasn't worked. I don't want to reset everything including games because most ISP only allow downloads up to 1.5 TB per month before excess charges and I have 2 TB worth of games.

    I also have Civ 6 on PC and it almost never has this issue. It's happened once that I can recall in which it was turn 400+.

    :)
     
    SuperMutant4000, Jul 1, 2022
    #1
  2. Xtowers Win User

    Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

    Insider shouldn't be necessary anymore. How often are you crashing?
  3. MarkTifer Win User

    Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

    I'm right there wit cha... About 2 weeks ago I noticed it for the first time. I haven't crash once since. I have seen other players sometimes desync and have to wait while they catch up. But it appears to be players with poor internet speeds and not game issues itself.

    I will say that my love for the game has returned. Although I have ptsd now and keep waiting for the shoe to drop. And that it was all just a dream. Haha
  4. Xtowers Win User

    Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

    I am not seeing evidence of a game update - I did a fresh install of the game on June 4, and the game file does not indicate a game update since. I am thinking it is a console update. Also, the recent console update for all users does not indicate a game crash fix like the Xbox Insider updates are indicating. It would be great if the fix is out for General Availability, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that yet. Only Xbox Insiders have confirmed a fix so far.
  5. neronlechien Win User

    Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

    Is this an update for the game itself or an system update?
    It's a pretty big console update. Just installed it and played a about 15 minutes on a game that used to crash every single turn without any issue. *Keeping fingers crossed*.
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

    Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

    All rings should have the update, not just insiders.

    StephanK2711 I believe it should be a game update. If you have your console set to "auto update" you might already have it.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Civ 6 crashing every other turn - Similar Threads - Series Civ crashing

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...