Xbox Series X chassis defect

Discus and support Xbox Series X chassis defect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone im hoping to get some insight on what im about to deal with.. so i got a series x and as i was cleaning the back of it i noticed an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavisGaming, Apr 13, 2021.

  1. DavisGaming
    DavisGaming Guest

    Xbox Series X chassis defect


    Hey everyone im hoping to get some insight on what im about to deal with..

    so i got a series x and as i was cleaning the back of it i noticed an issue with the chassis. When looking at the console from the back on the upper left side (just under the top rubber foot) the chassis is protruding outwards away from the backplate.. so much so that i believe its sucking air through that gap causing dust buildup. The protrusion sticks out so much thay when i lay the xbox on its side the plastic is almost touching the ground ( protrudes past the rubber foot). I bought a kit in the mail to take it apart hoping its just the back panel not clipped in correctly or somthing but im worried it might be somthing worse.

    :)
     
    DavisGaming, Apr 13, 2021
    #1
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

    Series X Chassis Defect?

    Fantastic, sounds like it was a manufacturing defect. Glad you are happy with the new one.
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

    Series X Chassis Defect?

    I see it, thanks for that. It should be the same as the other sides.
  4. Volkan Sonek Win User

    Series X Chassis Defect?

    Thanks for your response. I have just returned it and grabbed a new one. The gap is much smaller and easier on my eyes now.
  5. Volkan Sonek Win User

    Series X Chassis Defect?

    Please see it below. You can see the ribbon cable when you zoom into the right upper half.


    [​IMG]
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

    Series X Chassis Defect?

    Are you able to take a photo further away so I can see exactly where the gap is?
Thema:

Xbox Series X chassis defect

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X chassis defect - Similar Threads - Series chassis defect

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. Series X Chassis Defect?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Chassis Defect?: When I look at from certain angles, I can see the inside. [img] Is this gap acceptable? This is my second brand new one, returned the first one due to a PSU problem. Is it bad luck or just...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis)

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis): A brand new Xbox Series X Robot White Controller for PC. The analogue sticks scrape against the edge of the plastic bevel when rotating them fully. It happens more poignantly at around 9'o'clock...