: Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver

Discus and support : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver I just got my Series X and am experiencing issues with the CEC functionality with my Yamaha v383... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by The Ghost Slug, Nov 11, 2020.

1. : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver

I just got my Series X and am experiencing issues with the CEC functionality with my Yamaha v383 receiver. The system will turn the receiver on and off just fine, but whenever it turns on the receiver the receiver does not acknowledge the Xbox at all. It's
    essentially muted. It seems like it's waiting for a signal from the Xbox or something before kicking on the speakers. I have to turn the receiver off and on again manually for it to acknowledge the Xbox and produce sound again. I've tried every combination
    of settings I could think of on both devices and I just can't get my receiver to turn on from Xbox CEC with sound enabled.

This has not been an issue with any other devices so maybe an Xbox thing? Anybody else having any similar issues?

:)

The Ghost Slug, Nov 11, 2020
  2. CPT RAVE Win User

XBOX Series X Audio intermittent with A/V receiver

Update, I disabled eARC and HDMI ON to OFF on the Denon receiver. And on the TV, I also disabled eARC. On the Xbox series X I disabled CEC and ever since then I haven't had an issue with the audio. I did notice when I enabled CEC on the Xbox, and choosing Dolby Atmos I lost audio intermittently, so I just left CEC off. Unfortunately I have to use 3 controllers to turn everything on now. Now I can choose different audio formats with no audio loss.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  4. mar007Br Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

same problem here with the xbox one x connected directly to the receiver yamaha RX-V585
  5. x 0PTIMUS x Win User

Xbox 360 Slim & HDMI-CEC

Well thats a pity my Home theatre only supports HDMI passthrough when the connected product supports HDMI CEC Damn Pioneer should have got a Yamaha!
  6. The_Rebel_Dons Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have the same problem on Xbox X and XBox One. I’m using the Denon AVR-X 2700H 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the XBox X, and the Yamaha RXV-6A 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the Xbox One. Both receivers were working normally outputting Atmos on Netflix until November 2022. Disney+ and Amazon Prime play Atmos content on both devices without issue, hence indicating that the problem is not with the 4K TV and 4K projector, nor receivers.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X CEC Issue with Yamaha Receiver - Similar Threads - Series CEC Issue

2. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working: I recently purchased an XBOX series X. I never had issues with HDMI CEC with any of my other devices from other manufacturers, they turn the television on and off when they need to. However, the...
  7. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  8. CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

in XboX Insiders
    CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps: Hello everyone, I'm encountering a very annoying issues that I can't seemingly fix. My setup is as follows: Xbox > AV Receiver > Sony Projector When I navigate to certain applications (Disney,...
  9. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  10. Xbox Series X is using the same CEC address of AppleTV 4K on LG OLED C7

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X is using the same CEC address of AppleTV 4K on LG OLED C7: I recently reported this problem since I've narrowed it down to being an Xbox CEC issue, has anyone else encountered this with a similar setup? I have an Xbox Series X and AppleTV 4K Connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x hdmi cec pioneer vsx