Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!

Discus and support Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm running an Xbox Series X, and a small update (784 megs) was pushed through to my Xbox this morning. It finished the first two bars (install and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SKULLFACE, Sep 24, 2023.

  1. SKULLFACE
    SKULLFACE Guest

    Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!


    I'm running an Xbox Series X, and a small update (784 megs) was pushed through to my Xbox this morning.

    It finished the first two bars (install and verification), but then the Xbox simply turns off and...nothing happens. I waited for an hour...Xbox never restarted.

    So far I've tried;

    • Unplugging Xbox for 30 seconds - this makes the update start again, with the same result as above.
    • Unplugging everything from Xbox (including ethernet) and rebooting - again, this makes the update start again, with the same result as above.
    • Holding down power button for 30 seconds - did nothing.
    Sometimes if I restart the Xbox, the light will come on (the Xbox), and it'll remain solid for about 5-10 seconds, then it just turns back off.

    Any suggestions to help me make this Series X not a big paperweight?

    :)
     
    SKULLFACE, Sep 24, 2023
    #1
  2. RichieB_ Win User

    Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!

    Hello SKULLFACE,



    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

    Thank you for understanding.

    Regards,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

    Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!

    Hi SKULLFACE,

    Greetings!

    Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

    We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox Series X. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get it up and running again.



    First, make sure that your power cable is securely plugged into both the console and the wall outlet. If it is, try plugging it into a different outlet to see if that resolves the issue.



    If that doesn't work, try a clear cache of your console. To do this, unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds. Then, plug the power cable back in and turn on your console.



    If the issue persists, you may need to perform a factory reset of your console. Please note that this will erase all data and settings on your console, so be sure to back up any important data before proceeding. To perform a factory reset, follow these steps:



    1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

    3. Select Reset console.

    4. Choose whether to keep your games and apps installed or remove them, then select Reset console.



    You may visit this website for further troubleshooting: Learn more: My Xbox console won't turn on | Xbox Support



    I hope this helps information will help you to resolve your issue. We look forward for your respose.

    Thank you,

    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. avanhandel Win User

    Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue

    I tried this sequence several times, left it unplugged for days even, still getting the same exact issue when plugging it back in and turning it back on.
  5. raDugzBaws Win User

    Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue

    Seems like the only other things to try is either delete your profile (DON'T DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT THOUGH) from the console & if still struggling the only other option is to do a complete RESET of it, please make sure you have everything backed up to the cloud first though. If it doesn't work I don't know what to recommend as the next step. Good luck
  6. Francia J. Win User

    Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

    Thank you for letting me know. In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

    Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

    1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

    4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

    5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

    When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
Thema:

Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help! - Similar Threads - Series caught update

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

    in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...