Xbox Series X Cant Sign In / Network Issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X Cant Sign In / Network Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer that I use for Plex. When this computer is on, I can't sign in to my Xbox and there are always issues connecting to the Xbox network.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by celinedrules, Feb 12, 2022.

1. celinedrules
    celinedrules Guest

I have a computer that I use for Plex. When this computer is on, I can't sign in to my Xbox and there are always issues connecting to the Xbox network. As soon as I put this computer to sleep, the issues go away immediately. I have my regular computer that doesn't cause any issues. I thought it might have something to do with port forwarding but the IP addresses used for port forwarding match the Xbox. I get stuck on the sign in screen and eventually it tells me that it cant sign me in.

It doesn't have anything to do with my network speed either. Even if the computer has no network traffic, this happens. Sometimes the home screen of the Xbox gets messed up too and most of the icons are missing. But like I said, as soon as I put the computer to sleep, the issue goes away.

I don't see how but could this be an issue with the fact the I am using a VPN on my computer? I really don't think so because my main computer uses a VPN as well and there are no issues while it is on.

:)

celinedrules, Feb 12, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi celinedrules,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi celinedrules,

We have not heard anything from you since from our last follow up message. If you have other concerns please do not hesitate to create a new thread and we would be more than happy to assist you with it. Have a great day ahead of you.

Kind regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi celinedrules,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you were having issues signing into Xbox app in Windows. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

As per your description, you find sleep mode as a temporary fix in which may mean that you are running an app or service/s that is on high power state that got turn off by sleep mode. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

NOTE: Before proceeding to the list of questions, kindly Create a system restore point first. For the questions contains troubleshooting.

1. May we know if you have tried clean boot?

If not, please try to perform it by following this guide - How to perform a clean boot in Windows.
    2. Are you part of Windows/Xbox Insider?
    3. Have you tried launching or signing into your Xbox without connecting to VPN in the computer experience no issue? Should you need to sign out to your account, please make sure you know your credentials.
    4. Based on the subject you have mentioned - Xbox Series X. Are you having same issues with your Xbox Console?
    5. May we ask if your PC that has no issues, not connected to VPN has an OPEN Nat type on Xbox Network and no error message?

Please check Xbox Networking. Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking. Wait until Xbox Live multiplayer loads information.
    Kindly check these support articles:

What is the Xbox network and how do I get started? | Xbox Support

NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. SherpaDC Win User

Why do I get sign-in network errors?

This issue keeps recurring, even after clearing the MAC address. It seems Xbox sign-in is the primary issue.

What do you mean by: “Verify that the network settings on your Xbox Series X match the network settings on your router. Make sure there are no firewall restrictions or MACaddress filtering that could block your Xbox Series X from connecting.”
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Why do I get sign-in network errors?

Hello SherpaDC, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing network issues when signing in on your Xbox Series X. Here are some possible causes and solutions you could try:

Network connectivity issues Although you mention that other devices on the same Wi-Fi network are working correctly, there may still be specific issues with your Xbox Series X's network connection. Try the following:

Restart your router and your Xbox Series X.
    Verify that the Xbox Series X is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that the signal is strong.
    Consider connecting your Xbox Series X directly to the router via an Ethernet cable to rule out wireless connectivity issues.
    If possible, try a different Wi-Fi network to see if the issue persists.

Xbox Live account issues: There may be a problem with your Xbox Live account that is causing the sign-in errors. Try the following:

Verify that your login credentials (email and password) are correct. You can try to reset your password through the Xbox website.

Make sure there are no restrictions or blocks on your Xbox Live account, such as pending payments or suspensions.
    Consider creating a new Xbox Live account temporarily to check if the issue persists. This will help determine if the issue is related to your specific account.
    Network settings issues: Check the network settings on your Xbox Series X to make sure they are configured correctly. You can try the following:

Verify that the network settings on your Xbox Series X match the network settings on your router.
    Make sure there are no firewall restrictions or MAC address filtering that could block your Xbox Series X from connecting.
    Try resetting the network settings on your Xbox Series X and setting it up again from scratch.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Cant Sign In / Network Issues - Similar Threads - Series Cant Sign

2. Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can: Have owned the series.x for just under 6 hours. First impressions are that it is a complete pile of junk. Have never owned xbox consoles before and thinking I will ditch this one and go back to my...
  3. Cant type anything on xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant type anything on xbox series s: Keyboard works ok after factory reset when putting account but when i get all done and go to store trying to type anything i can only put 1 letter and goes crazy. The cursor goes in the corner of...
  4. Cant get 1440p 120hz on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant get 1440p 120hz on Xbox Series S: A bought a1440p144hz monitor for my Xbox series S hoping to get 1440p120hz but it wont let me. It only allows 1080p at 120hz or1440p at 60hz. I've tried everything people online have said but...
  5. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  6. Cant sign into apple music app through my Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant sign into apple music app through my Series X console: Hi, I can't seem to log into my new apple music account so i can listen to music through the app on my Xbox, keeps saying login failed, it's the right details I'm putting in. i must tried loads of...
  7. How do i fix "cant find teredo IP address" on my xbox series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix "cant find teredo IP address" on my xbox series S?: I've tried everything in the support forums for Xbox and Microsoft and haven't been able to fix my issue. I've tried enabling IPv6 on my router but it didn't help and i don't see an option for...
  8. Why cant i connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10: Can someone tell me what do i need to do, when i try to connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10 it shows the same answer every time “ try again later, there seems to be a problem”. The...
  9. Cant get verification code sent to our xbox X series.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant get verification code sent to our xbox X series.: We cant get the verification code sent to my daughters mobile phone for some reason. We bought this xbox last wednesday and all worked fine to start off with, the xbox came with the forza pack and...
  10. *BOUGHT NEW SERIES X AND CANT EVEN PLAY GAMES*

in XBoX Accessibility
    *BOUGHT NEW SERIES X AND CANT EVEN PLAY GAMES*: I’m so sad and annoyed, just spent £470 on my brand new series X and was very excited to use it, however a stupid thing called “My Home Xbox” has stopped me from playing as I have no more switches...