Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

Discus and support Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings I have an Xbox Series x last night I turned off the Xbox went to bed. When turning it on today it boots up fine. However it will not connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by charlesfisher, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

Greetings

I have an Xbox Series x last night I turned off the Xbox went to bed. When turning it on today it boots up fine. However it will not connect to ANY controller, wired USB, or wireless.

My controllers all pair with my PC, phone, and other Xboxes. Please advise.

I have unplugged the Xbox series X from all devices and let sit for over 5 minutes. Plugged back in booted up fine...but no controller will connect.

I can push the pair on both the Series X and on any controller...but as soon as they pair my controller immediately powers off.

:)

charlesfisher, Jan 27, 2022
  2. charlesfisher Win User

Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

Great job, that worked. My controllers and Xbox are working properly.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey charlesfisher, how are you today? Hope you're well.

charlesfisher, try this on your console:

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Unplug it from the wall, wait for 1 minute, and plug it back.

2. Press and hold the Sync and Eject buttons.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons together.

4. Keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons, until the troubleshooting menu appears > when you're on the troubleshooting page, try to connect your controller.

5. Select the option "restore this xbox" and choose keep my games and apps.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

Did your controller ever work before, or are you just trying to get it to work now?

The drivers for the Xbox 360 are not available for download independently anymore, and there is no reason for them to be, as Xbox 360 controllers have been natively supported by Windows since Windows Vista. The drivers can't be downloaded because they are already part of the Windows Operating System.

Is your controller wired or wireless?

Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. If you've attempted to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to your laptop with the Play and Charge cable, it won't work. This is because the Play and Charge does not send data. It will just flash. Xbox 360 wireless controllers need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only Xbox One or newer Series X|S controllers can be both wired and wireless.
  5. raxelbrof Win User

Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal)

Jesse, can you clarify - if the controller is connected to the console (Series X) via usb cable, is it transmitting the control signal over the wire, or is the USB cable only ever used to supply power, with control always being wireless?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

My xbox controller is plugged in but wont connect to pc

Hi

What Xbox controller is it?

If it's an old Xbox 360 Wireless controller, note that these controllers are always wireless. You can't make them wired with a Play and Charge. The P&C only provides power. You need an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver. Note: it must be the 360 gaming receiver, the Xbox One dongles are not compatible.

If your controller is an Xbox One or Series X|S controller, try a different cable. Not all USB A to USB C cables are capable of sending data and power, many are just charging cables.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off. - Similar Threads - Series can't connect

2. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  3. Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console: We've got an old Thrustmaster Ferrari Italia racing wheel with pedals and a new Xbox Series X console. Now we can't connect the wheel with Xbox. After connecting the wheel with the consoles USB,...
  4. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...
  5. I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.: I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network. 4a531a10-cb3c-4332-80e3-cf0a6fc34e7d
  6. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  7. Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles: Hi Team, This is one of the weirdest issue I've encountered. I am connected to the Xbox Network, Network tests from the console shows I'm connected. I updated a few games without signing into...
  8. Can't connect to Xbox online services on my Xbox Series S and One s. Can anyone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Xbox online services on my Xbox Series S and One s. Can anyone help?: As of October 26th at about 6:00 p.m. CST, I have not been able to access the Xbox network on either my Xbox series s or Xbox One S consoles. My series console is having issues updating as it...
  9. Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to Internet On Xbox 360 Profile On Xbox Series X: Basically over the last few months, everytime i play an Xbox 360 game on My series x it always says something like "Can't Sign into Live Please Check Connection" when i already have a connection....
  10. My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son can't connect to the internet with his Xbox series s because of the Teredo IP...: Can the Teredo IP address issue be fixed? 62217697-bed5-416d-8991-d6eafe78b895