Xbox Series X cannot play games and crashes to main screen

Discus and support Xbox Series X cannot play games and crashes to main screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; System boots up fine, can play any streaming services for video but attempting to play a game will cause a crash of the game app and go back to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MrMushyTushy, Mar 24, 2023.

1. MrMushyTushy
    MrMushyTushy Guest

System boots up fine, can play any streaming services for video but attempting to play a game will cause a crash of the game app and go back to the xbox home screen. I have reset the console completely and deleted all games option, re-logged in and downloaded games again to no change in results.

Seems like it potentially is related to the graphics card being engaged and that triggering the fail. Tried on Hogwarts, COD MWII, Rocket League, Fall Guys and they all fail. But I was able to get Geometry wars for xbox 360 to work. Potentially an operating system issue but no updates are available to fix.

It is not over heating and has plenty of ventilation. Any other ideas from the community?

:)

MrMushyTushy, Mar 24, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

3. Smwutches Win User

Can both the XBox One X and Xbox One S play games for both the Series X and/or Series S?

Xbox One games can be played on the Series S/X, but Series S/X games cannot be played on the One.
  4. Gani Murat Win User

Starfield keeps crashing to the xbox dashboard. Where is the fix for that?

Pretty lame, in my opinion. It's the only game that does this, and I use my Xbox a lot, so I know it's performing as designed.
    It's not just Starfield, it's the same in F1 2022 too. While I was racing, game was crashing and going back to the main screen of Xbox series X but this was solved by resetting of Xbox.
    And for Starfield, I have done everything, also factory reset but nothing changed. It is the same. I don't even know what the game looks like because at the starting scene it crashes and goes to main menu of Xbox.
  5. Cpt Scoty Win User

hogwarts legacy not working

xbox x, i get the opening screen of the wizard and the school, a couple times it looks like credits loaded then it goes back to the xbox main screen, like it crashed.
  6. mDaro Win User

Forza 5 crashes to home page when trying to play Road America

My game is crashing on the single player championships. Just got my Lotus F1 car and I can't finish the series because the game crashes to Xbox One main screen when I try to start the race. It crashes on freeplay also and every other category in the single
    player game.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X cannot play games and crashes to main screen - Similar Threads - Series cannot play

2. Cannot sign in and cannot sync 360 save games on series x for weeks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in and cannot sync 360 save games on series x for weeks: I have confirmed my network is fine, i cleared the 360 cache and now it wont even pull down save games from MS cloud. It wont allow me to sign in to 360 live services. This all started when my 2...
  3. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  4. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  5. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  6. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  7. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  9. Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k: Have just bought a electriq 28inch, 4k, 144hz monitor (eiQ-284K144FSGH) to use with my Series X I can display 4k at 60hz or even 1080p at 120hz, but can't display 4k at 120hz. The option to...
  10. Mw1 purchased on xbox on cannot be played on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw1 purchased on xbox on cannot be played on xbox series x: I have purchased cod mw1 on my xbox one, now i have upgraded my device to xbox series x, and I downloaded mw1 again as it shows i own it, when i start the game i only see the option to play...