Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+

Discus and support Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+ in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When you buy a top quality product, you are someone that like the quality! It's very disappoint to see how Microsoft, a company that sell the most... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChristianSpiga, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+

When you buy a top quality product, you are someone that like the quality!

It's very disappoint to see how Microsoft, a company that sell the most powerful console on the market, that is not only a console but must be the center of your entertainment system in your home, let that the developer create App like this.

I will be more detailed.

When you buy an Xbox Series X, probably you have a nice 4K HDR TV, and of course you want to see a movie at the best quality possible.

You download Disney+, because you want to see the Mandalorian in 4K HDR Dolby Vision. You do the subscription, you pay, you start the movie and.....puff it play at 60Hz! at 60 Hz a movie create at 24Hz.

For all the people that think that more Hz means more fluidity, i'm so sorry for you but is not like this.

When a movie i created in 24Hz and you play in 60Hz, you will see less fluidity, because some frames will be missing.

But the problem will be not only the frames, will be also the color space that will pass to a full RGB 4:4:4: to probably a 4:2:0 or a 4:2:2 if you are lucky, and this is not acceptable for someone that buy the TOP CONSOLE in the market.

Same exactly situation with Netflix and probably with a lot of other APP that i don't use, because the 24Hz work only if you use a Bluray Disk Movie.

So, in the end the real problem is.

WHY MICROSOFT DON'T PUSH THE DEVELOPER TO CREATE THE APP IN THE BEST WAY?

Why for example in the APPLE TV the problem don't exist, why Apple push the developer to create app that fully work and Microsoft don't do the same?

I hope in an update, i hope that someone really take care of this problem, because it's full of people with the same issue that would like to solve.

It's crazy that i need to use another device because my Xbox Series X cannot give me the best quality.

:)

ChristianSpiga, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Refresh rate of XBOX One X

It would be 60Hz exactly. It's a standard refresh rate. In regards to 120Hz, there some different timings, not all of which the Xbox One X or newer Series X/S consoles support. If your display is 119.88 the Xbox won't support it as it's not a standard refresh,
    although it may do in the future.

If your display can't change its refresh rate to 50Hz or 24Hz it will have to remain at 60Hz. It may be possible to play 24Hz, but you'll have to turn off VRR as this is usually beyond the scope of FreeSync.

50Hz is for TV content or documentary video on DVD, usually only found in Europe and Asian regions. 24Hz is common for movies and movie streaming worldwide on DVD, Blu-ray and streaming as films are usually recorded at 24 frames per second. If your display
    can't change to 24Hz, video playback won't play as smooth.
  3. KaiN05 Win User

Why is my Series X having audio issues?

Audio issues here but only when streaming movies and shows on Prime Video and Disney Plus so far. The Series X sucks. The One X is/was better.
  4. FridgeJayson Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I am having the same issue, I can only get Dolby Surround or Stereo while using Netflix. Prime & Disney play Atmos fine.

Xbox audio settings are correct and on Atmos w/passthrough. AVR is a Denon AVRX4700H w/7.1.2
    I have that exact same reciever with my Series X hooked to it and same problem. Prime and Disney transmit Atmos but everything on Netflix that has Atmos and Vision on sends the Vision but Atmos reverts to Surround. It's really annoying to the point I don't watch Netflix anymore.
  5. sairuthwick Win User

Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

Geri,

I have the same issue on my Xbox Series X. Audio passthrough works perfectly fine with Disney+, Amazon Prime and Plex. When it comes to Netflix, it doesn't activate passthrough creating audio problems while playing Atmos content. The titles display Dolby Atmos, but there is no voice, only background music and sounds are played.
  6. samppalinna96 Win User

Ycbcr support for 1080p/4k bluray playback

i noticed the same when watching 4k ultra blu ray hdr movies 24hz setting on. X box one x outputs only rgb and picture is a mess with my optoma uhd65 projector. You need to fix it output ycbcr on 24hz setting on too!!

If i unselect 24hz x box outputs 60hz ycbcr and picture is pretty good.
Thema:

Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+

1. Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+ - Similar Threads - Series cannot play

2. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  3. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  4. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  5. Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot display 120hz on my series x at 4k: Have just bought a electriq 28inch, 4k, 144hz monitor (eiQ-284K144FSGH) to use with my Series X I can display 4k at 60hz or even 1080p at 120hz, but can't display 4k at 120hz. The option to...
  6. I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Series X controller via serial number: I recently bought a Xbox Series X controller. When I tried to register my device on Microsoft Device website it show that "We didn't recognize this serial number" so I doubt that my controller is...
  7. I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz: My series s says the monitor is only 60hz and will not allow me to turn on 165hz how do I fix this? I am using y27gq-20 Lenovo monitor 3df1eba3-0fbe-4826-ab94-0a7739110e49
  8. Cannot share “Live” with new Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share “Live” with new Series X: I have Game Pass Ultimate and a Series X. My wife had a One X. As of last night with her One X set as my Home box, she and I could play all of my games (purchased or Game Pass) and both play...
  9. Xbox Series S cannot conect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S cannot conect to internet: Hello, my xbox series S stopped connecting to the wireless internet but all my devices at home can connect, I've tried restarting the router and nothing, it's been like this for days....
  10. Mw1 purchased on xbox on cannot be played on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mw1 purchased on xbox on cannot be played on xbox series x: I have purchased cod mw1 on my xbox one, now i have upgraded my device to xbox series x, and I downloaded mw1 again as it shows i own it, when i start the game i only see the option to play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x allow 24hz