Xbox Series X can read Xbox One game discs, but not Xbox 360 discs

Discus and support Xbox Series X can read Xbox One game discs, but not Xbox 360 discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; No specific error, but my series x (while brilliant) cannot read 360 game discs even if they're on the backwards compatibility list. An example is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JumzMillor420, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X can read Xbox One game discs, but not Xbox 360 discs

No specific error, but my series x (while brilliant) cannot read 360 game discs even if they're on the backwards compatibility list.

An example is Black Ops 2, it is on the list but it refuses to read the disc (disc isn't really that badly damaged for 12 years old).

The disc drive clearly works, so don't say replace it because I'm not going to regardless.

Any fixes for this that don't involve a factory reset or money?

:)

JumzMillor420, Mar 7, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

I really want to orange box to come back

The game is available on disc, so can be played on the Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

EaFC24 Won't Read disk

Hello, Andrew. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

First, it is important to point out that a physical game can't be converted to a digital one because the game license is attached to the disc itself.

Besides that, would I know, is an Xbox Series X or Xbox One the one that doesn't read the disc?
    Additionally, the other console that read the disc, is an Xbox One, or a Series X?

Moreover, is this EA FC24 for both the Xbox One and Series X, or only for one of those consoles? You can check this by looking at the box.
  4. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S is not playing certain DVDs

I take it Blu-Ray disc movies are working okay? Have you tried many of the ones you own? Games are detected?

Bear in mind that the Xbox One S, One X and the current Series X actually have two lasers, one for reading DVD discs (including Xbox 360 discs) and one for reading Blu-Ray discs, which also includes Xbox games as they are also on BD-Disc.

If the DVD laser is giving out, it won't read certain DVD discs, and this is likely the reason for the issues you are experiencing. This is also why Blu-Rays and Xbox One games are not effected. There is nothing wrong with your DVD's, it's the console's optical drive that is faulty.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatibility

Hi,

Can you please check other backwards compatible Xbox 360 games (if you have any) and see if they prompt you download.

Call of Duty WW2 is an Xbox One game and as such is on a Blu-ray disc. Mortal Kombat (2011) is an Xbox 360 game and is on a DVD disc. It may surprise you to know, the Xbox One and Series X have different lasers built into the optical drive to enable the reading of different types of discs.

It's possible that the laser that reads Blu-rays is fine, but the laser that reads DVD discs is faulty.

Try a DVD movie disc (not an HD Blu-ray disc). If these also do not play, then the fault is with the drive and you'll need a repair or replacement console.
Thema:

Xbox Series X can read Xbox One game discs, but not Xbox 360 discs

1. Xbox Series X can read Xbox One game discs, but not Xbox 360 discs - Similar Threads - Series read game

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  4. Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t a brand new disc read on my series X: I just bought Deadpool for the Xbox one. I know others play it on the Series X so I know it should work. I’ve gone through multiple troubleshooting guides. Nothing works. The disc is brand new. I...
  5. xbox series x does not read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x does not read disk: unable to play games from disk . I have done everything but a factory reset.does the blu ray reader go bad? 182a1bca-85b2-4b5c-b31c-60efe3590c86
  6. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  7. Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Won't read Assassin's creed Mirage disc: I tried resettingmy console and everything and the disc still won't read, installed the game from my app and get an error that I don't own the game. Other discs work fine....
  8. Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray: Copy and paste post from another person with the same issue that got no answers: tried installing forza horizon with a disc on my Xbox series X as it is now backwards compatible. insert the disc...
  9. Physical copy of read dead redemption won’t download on my Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of read dead redemption won’t download on my Xbox series x: I’ve just recently purchased a physical copy of red dead redemption 2 and whenever I put disk one in to install my Xbox series x fan becomes really loud then it gives me a alert which reads “ wait...
  10. Xbox series x not loading/reading discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x not loading/reading discs: My xbox series x is no longer reading/loading or installing games. I recently bought COD M3 and inserted it in the box heard some whirling noises and nothing happened. So put in COD vanguard which...