Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button

Discus and support Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've tried resetting to default. I've tried remapping the share button functions to different things. No matter if I press, hold or double tap it... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Lachlan Gillies, Jun 6, 2023.

  1. Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button


    I've tried resetting to default.

    I've tried remapping the share button functions to different things.

    No matter if I press, hold or double tap it will only ever do what I've mapped "Hold button" too.

    Even if I set Hold button to no action, press and double tap to screenshot or record, all functions will do no action.

    :)
     
    Lachlan Gillies, Jun 6, 2023
    #1
  2. andersonpassos Win User

    Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button

  3. Lachlan Gillies Win User

    Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button

    I had to google how to update controller as your instructions where slightly off. It did not need updating.

    I powercycled.

    I have the same issue on both of my controllers.

    I reset the xbox, just finished logging in. Still the same problem.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

    Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button

    Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    Good morning

    Update your controller firmware: Ensure that your Xbox Series X controller has the latest firmware installed. To update the firmware, connect the controller to your Xbox console using a USB cable and go to Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. Select the controller and check for any available updates.

    Power cycle your console: Turn off your Xbox Series X console completely, unplug the power cord from the back of the console, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn on the console. This can help clear any temporary glitches that might be affecting the controller's functionality.

    Try a different controller: If you have access to another Xbox Series X controller, try using it to see if the issue persists. This will help determine whether the problem is specific to the controller or a more general issue.

    Reset your console: If the problem continues, you can try resetting your console to its default settings. This will erase all settings and data, so make sure to back up any important information beforehand. To reset your Xbox Series X, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps. Follow the prompts to complete the reset process.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

    Series X controller wish?

    I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
  6. Viper7Gamer Win User

    Series X controller wish?

    I like the little changes to it, the share button is nice. But I will be using my Elite Series 2 Controller when the Xbox Series X comes out.
Thema:

Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button

Loading...
  1. Xbox series X. Can only use the "Hold button" function of the share button - Similar Threads - series Hold button

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Xbox series x screen froze but I could still hear the restart menu when holding Xbox...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x screen froze but I could still hear the restart menu when holding Xbox...: I reset my Xbox today just for better performance I do it every now and then. The thing is that games say they take a minute or two to load up so I clicked on game after game very fast like. I...
  7. Can Microsoft stop holding back the Series X?!?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft stop holding back the Series X?!?: I have been really looking forward to Black Myth Wukong, only to find out today that it's being delayed, but only for the Series X/S. It is pretty obvious that the S has been holding back the X...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  9. I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.: It works fine in the menu and to naviagte before the game; but starting at the game menu, it pushes up. it's not a controller issue and I just want to know if anyoner else has had this problem....
  10. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge: It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when I unplug it, even after "charging"...