Xbox Series X burning smell

Discus and support Xbox Series X burning smell in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, playing Madden 23 tonight and I started smelling something burning periodically and start getting worse throughout the evening. Determine it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bigspankwa, Sep 6, 2022.

1. bigspankwa
    bigspankwa Guest

Hello, playing Madden 23 tonight and I started smelling something burning periodically and start getting worse throughout the evening. Determine it was coming from my Xbox Series X. The smell got so strong that it spread across my entire house. I unplugged the xbox and put in my garage to stop the smell. I have a Microsoft issue SSD expansion drive plugged in and it was hot to the touch. The smell was definitely electronic and had that "fried" electronic smell to it.

The warranty expired in March 2023, so I'm curious what my options are for getting it repaired or if I should just purchase a new xbox series X.

Thanks

:)

bigspankwa, Sep 6, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello bigspankwa, in this case the ideal would be to send your console for the Microsoft warranty, however try to verify that there is something wrong with the electrical outlet that was connected to the Xbox so that it does not affect other equipment.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

You access the site above and register a new device using the serial number. you find behind your console.

Then in MORE DETAILS, look to request repair, Start Online Service.

To mail it to Microsoft.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Xbox series x plastic burning smell

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

I think the best thing is to send your console in for repair, mate. This link contains instructions on how to do this and more information.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

New xbox series x burning plastic smell

41.2c is not very warm for a games console, but since you get a burning plastic smell and the console is very hot, then I would suggest taking it back to where you got it from for a replacement or your money back.
  5. melanie brown2 Win User

New xbox series x burning plastic smell

Hi. My name is Mel and I am an independent advisor. Due to the fact it smells like burning plastic I would suggest returning to where you purchased from and getting a replacement.
  6. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox one x burning smell

Exchange it, that's not normal.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X burning smell - Similar Threads - Series burning smell

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.: For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet, so I got it shipped off to Microsoft to fix...
  4. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  5. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  6. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  7. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  8. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  9. My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x usb ports smell of burning if I plug in my ssd or anything else usb: The trouble only started this morning Thursday 2nd November I have owned my console from new for a couple of years now and never had a problem before today everything else works fine I just can’t...
  10. New xbox series x burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox series x burning plastic smell: Only playing 1080p game for about an hour and it is almost too hot to touch the side of the xbox series x console. It is on a shelf with plenty of ventilation. The top of the console where the...