Xbox Series X bumper design is bad.

Discus and support Xbox Series X bumper design is bad. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm about to be going on my fourth series x controller with the last one being purchased father's day 2022 5 months ago already broken. The bumper... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shane Shuster, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X bumper design is bad.

I'm about to be going on my fourth series x controller with the last one being purchased father's day 2022 5 months ago already broken. The bumper prongs that press the button internally have broken on all three. Compared to Xbox one controllers they're incredibly thin and there's no need for them to be that way. Either an engineering oversight, or an intended flaw it's ridiculous. You can't even get quality third party replacements. It's making me consider changing consoles so I'm not spending $200-300 a year on controllers.

:)

Shane Shuster, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Shane Shuster,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we sincerely apologize for this unfavorable event that's happening on your end. We know how important it is for you to be able to rectify this issue at the soonest time possible. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be dealt better by our live support team so that they can properly addressed your concern.

Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team:

Visit to the following link: Contact us | Xbox Support

• Please scroll down and check the lower left of the page and make sure it matches your country/region.
    • Scroll up and check the Contact Times of the support for available hours.
    • Select the "Contact Us" button
    • Select the following drop-down menu options in the following order:
    • What are you having trouble with? - "Hardware & Network"
    • What's the issue? - "Warranty Service Repair"
    The third box will ask you to describe your issue. We suggest something along the lines of "Repair controller." and then select the "Next" button. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.

On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

EDITED:

[​IMG]

We hope this helps and it is even better to connect with the correct support where you can get dedicated assistance, the experts there will provide accurate answers for you.

We know you’ve already spent time on getting the resolution you want. At the end of the day, we are same consumer, we definitely know how you feel about this.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Don8591 Win User

Xbox chat pad

I can't find one designed for series x controller. They are all for xbox one controller and don't fit series x controller properly.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why can’t I play my Xbox without being forced to cloud gaming?

Battlefield 2042 is a next-gen game that is specifically designed to take full advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox Series X/S. If your friends have the Xbox Series . Xbox Series X/S game.
  5. Ravenhood777 Win User

Factory reset

Greensleeves94

This works as of so far. Go to console settings, then go to system info.

Do this series of keys to reset it.

Left trigger, right trigger

X,Y

Left bumper, right bumper

X, X

Up on d-pad, down on d-pad

Hope this works
  6. ROBOSLIDER Win User

XBox Elite controller bumper issues

The bumpers on my launch day Series 1 Elite Controller finally broke a few months ago. Was disappointed that an otherwise perfectly functioning controller (never had the grip issue with mine) was rendered useless because of the poor design of the bumpers.
    All the development that went into the Elite and no effort was made to improve this inherent weakness in all Xbox One controllers. I repaired it myself with a replacement bumper from ebay. Never had bumper issues with any of my 360 controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X bumper design is bad. - Similar Threads - Series bumper design

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  4. Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 right bumper inconsistency: To whoever reads this, I have had my elite controller series 2 for over a year now and I’ve had to already send it back once before for the same issue I’m currently experiencing, my right bumper...
  5. I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve had 8 elite series 2 controllers, every single one has broken bumpers after about 3...: This is not an exaggeration. I have spent an unreal amount of money on these controllers because they are the best beyond a doubt. However, the bumpers are literally made of paper. I should get 3...
  6. Elite Series 2 Controller - Broken Bumper

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller - Broken Bumper: Hi, Does Microsoft have a serious/long-term fix to address the bumper issue with the elite series 2 (ES2) controller? This is the second one I've owned that has encountered the issue (issue...
  7. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  8. xbox elite series controller bumper issues no acknowledgement from Microsoft SOLUTION

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite series controller bumper issues no acknowledgement from Microsoft SOLUTION: It pains me to be writing this however, it must be addressed after the purchase of a $200 controller. not even six months into moderate use, the controller bumpers are malfunctioning. upon google...
  9. How do I fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Bumpers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Bumpers?: Microsoft refuses to fix my bumpers because my warranty has ended. But a $250 dollar controller where the bumpers break after a year? Cmon. How do I fix these myself?...
  10. Elite series 2 bumper repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 bumper repair: Hello, I have went through the options on the xbox devices page to see about sending my controller to be repaired cause of an issue with the left bumper. When filling out the information it gave...