Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Bulldog536, Oct 3, 2026 at 1:32 AM.

  1. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.


    I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot animation that transitioned to the Initial Setup screen. Went through, saw console still enrolled in Preview, logged in again, got told "We found your settings from your previous Xbox" and ended up at a home screen that appears to show everything important is ok. Went to check updates and found that console was set back to Preview Omega. Changed that back to Delta and now console appears to be updating. Will try a game and see if everything is as it should be.

    submitted by /u/Bulldog536
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Bulldog536, Oct 3, 2026 at 1:32 AM
    #1
  2. Oliver L from DE Win User

    Xbox one x scorpio edition dead after 20 mins of play

    I have a similar problem: my Xbox One X after starting Forza 7 the first time switched off. After powering on it switches off after about 3 seconds. So no usual hard boot is possible. I disconnected everything, held the power button
    for >10 seconds - no change. Any idea?

    Note: my old Xbox One was in the insider preview ring, I exported the setup today to an external HDD and imported this during the initial setup of the X simply having attached the HDD and answering to use the existing setup.
  3. ShokaRoka Win User

    problems with set up update

    I don't think the other people who replied understand what you are asking because I'm having the same problem. My brand new Xbox One S is going to sleep/turning off DURING the straight out the box initial set up update. Not AFTER it's fully downloaded the
    update and it auto restarts. And when I turn the Xbox one back on, the initial set up update starts over. You can't get to the settings yet to set it to download even when the console is off/sleep because it can't get past the initial set up update. Nobody
    has time to sit in front of the TV for hours, wiggling the controller sticks every 5 mins to keep the controller/Console from going to sleep partially through the Initial setup update and having to start over. It's been 3 days and I haven't been able to play
    one single game yet on my new Xbox One S. Is there any way to prevent this?
  4. clanpipe Win User

    My 16 years live badge keeps disappearing I have the latest update Xbox series X

    I will have to wait until my dad go to sleep because he's on his Xbox series X now .

    I have powered cycle my Xbox series X and still it says that am on the home screen when am on Disney plus .

    Am at a total loss of what is happening with the apps
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

    Hitron: Networking issues

    Is your device in the setup phase of booting, if it is, please connect to wired to allow the initial setup to complete, then you should be able to connect to the WIFI network without any issue. This seems to be fairly common issue when doing an initial
    setup on reboot.
  6. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

    Will it continue to launch for the Xbox One after the Series X?

    Ideally xbox series x games will run on xbox one and the series x indefinitely. I remember seeing that the game's would work on both consoles initially.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep. - Similar Threads - Series Booted Initial

  2. Xbox series X casually boots with black screen

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X casually boots with black screen: Sometimes is fixed by pressing the xbox button (opens menu and stop showing black screen: my tv gets the signal). I got it less than 6 month ago, how's possible that a 600€ console can't even boot...
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working after boot up (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard not working after boot up (Xbox Series X): Hello! I use mouse and keyboard in XBSX, and sometimes they do not work when i boot up the console, only after unplugging and plugging M&KB again. Is there any solution for the console to always...
  4. Xbox Series X not booting up

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not booting up: So my Xbox Series X powers on, fan spins up. Then after about 10 seconds the fan loses power and the console sits for about 20 seconds and then shuts off. It started happening after a power...
  5. Xbox Custom Boot Screen For Xbox One, Series S/X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Custom Boot Screen For Xbox One, Series S/X: My idea is to make in a update to xbox one and series, that you can change the boot screen to xbox, xbox 360, the entire xbox lineup submitted by /u/oSMPlayz76 [link] [comments]
  6. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

    in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  7. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  8. Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while: Xbox series s with external samsung 1tb ssd and 1tb storage expansion card seagate stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while then when it does get the the menu it does not connect to the Internet...
  9. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  10. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...