Xbox Series X blanks screen when exiting HDR on 4K60Hz

Discus and support Xbox Series X blanks screen when exiting HDR on 4K60Hz in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Got my Series X a few days back, and I'm experiencing a really annoying problem. Are anyone seeing the same - and/or have any solutions? I'm running... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Periferisk, Nov 15, 2020.

  1. Xbox Series X blanks screen when exiting HDR on 4K60Hz


    Got my Series X a few days back, and I'm experiencing a really annoying problem. Are anyone seeing the same - and/or have any solutions?

    I'm running at 4K60Hz as my LG-B6 TV can't go higher, and though a Denon X3700H receiver. I can start games or apps with HDR capabilities just fine, and the TV flashes the "HDR" image in the corner. Everything looks really good. But when I exit either back to main-screen on the console, or e.g. in the Disney+ app stops a HDR movie and enter the selection-screen, the screen goes blank about 75% of the times. Meaning, it is not every time the problem happens, but most. If I then power-cycle the receiver, the picture comes back.

    Now this could be either Denon's or Microsoft's fault. But I still have my Xbox One X, and if I try the exact same thing, using the same cable etc, I can't reproduce the problem in anyway.

    The problem appears the same with Gear5, Forza, Netflix, Disney+.

    The Series X has "discovered" that my TV are not capable of running 120Hz, when I look in the settings so I don't think this is caused by the known chipset-err in the Denon. If so, the problem ought to happen with the One X also.

    Regards, Periferisk

    submitted by /u/Periferisk
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Periferisk, Nov 15, 2020
    #1
  2. TommyPedro Win User

    Does xbox series x support 20gpbs

    Hi yes make difrent hdmi 2.0 or.2.1 on 60 hz 2.0hdmi support max 4k60hz lower croma 420 and 422 and hdr. HDMI 2.1 FRL support 4k 60hz 444 croma and hdr I spend some money for new setup to support 4k 60hz 444 hdr that need hdmi 2.1 because is 20.5 gbps does xbox series x switch betwen 2.0 on 60hz and 120hz is hdmi 2.1 thanks
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

    Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9

  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

    I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

    As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

    I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  5. BwwwJ1st Win User

    Windows 10 HDR gaming screen blanking issues

    I am experiencing the same screen blanking and being kicked out of HDR mode then screen returning with HDR. I noticed this playing on Streets of Rage 4, on PC game pass beta (just in case a moderator is wanting to replicate), when game bar pops up an
    overlay for an achievement. Funny thing is i turned off Windows game mode and game bar and still had the screen blanking and loss of HDR. I am going to try disabling their services next. I hope this gets fixed.
  6. MarkKing13 Win User

    Wreckfest Upgrade for Series X Not Working

    The only in-game option is to hit 'Y' to upgrade to Series X/S. But that takes you to a blank screen in the store.
Thema:

Xbox Series X blanks screen when exiting HDR on 4K60Hz

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X blanks screen when exiting HDR on 4K60Hz - Similar Threads - Series blanks screen

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  10. Blank Screen After Signing into Xbox Series S

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank Screen After Signing into Xbox Series S: My son is unable to sign into his account on his Xbox Series S AND his brothers Xbox Series S. Myself and his brother are both able to sign into our accounts on both devices. I have already...