Xbox Series X beeping while in rest / standby mode (instant-on)

Discus and support Xbox Series X beeping while in rest / standby mode (instant-on) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, When my Xbox Series X is in sleeping / rest / standby mode ("instant-on" configuration), depending on what was running before shutting down the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hyst_FR, Dec 8, 2020.

  1. Hyst_FR
    Hyst_FR Guest

    Xbox Series X beeping while in rest / standby mode (instant-on)


    Hello,

    When my Xbox Series X is in sleeping / rest / standby mode ("instant-on" configuration), depending on what was running before shutting down the console, the fan does not always turn and, in this case, the console emits a series of intermittent beeps quite
    similar to Morse code. It's not very loudy but enoughtly audible in a quiet environment to be annoying.

    On the other hand, when the fan runs continuously in standby, there are no beeps at all (for example when a game like Observer System Redux is in quick resume).

    I have read some posts about "beeping issues" on One X and most answer indicate that the beeps are associated with downloads of updates. In my case, beeps have clearly no links with updates or downloads, the beeps are linked to the fan running or not which
    makes me think of a power or temperature problem.

    Am I the only one with this issue? If not, how did you guys solved it?

    By the way, I've noticed this beeps after my console shutted down because of Call of Duty Cold War bugs BUT the issue was maybe there before...

    En français (I'm French) :

    Lorsque ma Xbox Series X est en veille (en mode "démarrage instantané"), selon ce qui tournait avant l'arrêt, le ventilateur ne tourne pas toujours et dans ce cas la console émets une série de bips intermittents très proche du morse. C'est assez discret mais
    suffisamment audible dans un environnement calme pour être gênant.

    Par contre lorsque le ventilateur tourne en continu en veille, il n'y a aucun bips (par exemple lorsqu'un jeu "exigeant" comme Observer System Redux est maintenu en quick resume).

    J'ai lu sur plusieurs forums des descriptions assez similaires pour la One X mais les réponses indiquent que les bips seraient associés des téléchargements de mises jour. Dans mon cas c'est clairement décorrélé et les bips dépendent clairement de la
    rotation ou non du ventilateur ce qui suggère plus un souci d'alimentation ou de température.

    Suis-je le seul avoir ce problème ? Si non, comment l'avez vous résolu ?

    A noter que j'ai constaté ces soucis de bips quelques jours après que ma console a figé puis s'est arrêtée du fait des gros soucis de Call of Duty Cold War MAIS le problème était peut être l avant...

    :)
     
    Hyst_FR, Dec 8, 2020
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Accidentally started remote play, how do I durn my xbox off?

    If the energy mode selected is Instant-on, it's normal to see the Standby on message

    My Series X is turned off as well. (And my energy mode is Instant on)

    So, you're good to go

    [​IMG]
  3. Miss Diggz Win User

    Chirp or a small beep noise while in Instant-on (standby) mode

    Hey there kenrck69,

    Due to the age of this thread and that the OP's issue may have already been resolved, I would recommend creating a new thread indicating all the details of what you're experiencing, so we can cater our support specifically to you! Thanks so much!
  4. Mech of Krypton Win User

    Chirp or a small beep noise while in Instant-on (standby) mode

    I too am hearing a small little beep in standby. My sound usually happens when the fan comes on in standby; i'm assuming to update the machine or something; and it makes a beep right before the fan goes out.
  5. KenRockTEch Win User

    Chirp or a small beep noise while in Instant-on (standby) mode

    Same exact issue here.... SUPPORT PLEASE. STOP CLOSING SUPPORT THREADS ON THIS ISSUE
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Xbox seris X

    Yes. The Series X has almost all of the same settings as the One. Instant-on has been renamed to Standby.
Thema:

Xbox Series X beeping while in rest / standby mode (instant-on)

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X beeping while in rest / standby mode (instant-on) - Similar Threads - Series beeping while

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

    in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  9. Xbox series s beeps then off instantly

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s beeps then off instantly: Xbox series s beeps then off instantly 2a6d6c32-35ee-43a9-b83c-b5169665b3a3
  10. When I turn on the xbox series s, the button flashes, turns back off and beeps one time....

    in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on the xbox series s, the button flashes, turns back off and beeps one time....: When I turn on the xbox series s, the button flashes, turns back off and beeps one time. Why isn't it powering on? e4e86edc-7e16-4b43-af9c-97263a202d13

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x beeping noise when in instant on mode

    ,
  2. xbox series x beeping every minute

    ,
  3. xbox one x beep when off

    ,
  4. xbox series x beep