XBOX Series X - Auto Update Not Working

Discus and support XBOX Series X - Auto Update Not Working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Only noticed this last night when trying to play a game, but my games don't seem to be auto updating. Went to open first game last night and after it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/EvertonMonkey, Jul 4, 2021.

1. XBOX Series X - Auto Update Not Working

Only noticed this last night when trying to play a game, but my games don't seem to be auto updating. Went to open first game last night and after it tried to load came up with the "This game needs an update screen" so I kicked off the update. Went to the games update section and had a look to see if any games were showing as waiting for updates and it was empty, so tried about 4 other games and all did the same thing (i.e. this game needs an update) :-( This morning looked in the updates section and this time it was showing 10 games as needing updates, which seems a lot, but none of them had auto updated either.

Console was last updated and rebooted on 2nd July (believe im in Delta insider group), I have instant on and do not power off storage in the settings.

submitted by /u/EvertonMonkey
    [link] [comments]

/u/EvertonMonkey, Jul 4, 2021
  2. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  3. XDUKERMANX Win User

GTA V Enhanced, keeps installing last gen version

I'm having the exact same problem.

I have purchased a bundle with Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V: Story Mode (Xbox Series X|S)

I've logged in on my Xbox Series X and it is downloading the normal version of Grand Theft Auto and not the Xbox Series X|S version.

I've deleted all data and it is still downloading the normal version. I've even logged in on XBOX online and tried installing remotely but still no joy.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

Hi again Don

There appears to be an issue with the Xbox Series X/S version of Grand Theft Auto V being compatible with the Xbox One Xbox One X version. Therefore, the Xbox Store may not allow you to purchase the Xbox Series of the game if you have an Xbox One.

Buy the Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto V. This version of the game is compatible with Xbox One X and is cheaper than the Xbox Series X/S version. I'm not sure but I think it's no longer available to buy in the store.

If you decide to upgrade your Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, you can do so through the Xbox Store or an authorized retailer.

Oskayra H.
  5. EzequielNeves19 Win User

My friend has gta online on Xbox series X and I have the full game on Xbox one, but we can’t play online together… does he need to buy the full game?

It's important to know which game your friend bought.

I say this because there are currently three versions of the Series X/S game. Gta 5 Online, Gta 5 Series X/S and Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S).

If he has purchased Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S), which gives access to the game for Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X, he can play online with you as long as he downloads the Xbox One version, so you and he will have the same save and can play online.

If he is a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber he can download the game in the Xbox One version and play with you.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Is New-Gen Grand Theft Auto compatible with the Xbox One X and S?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm sorry but no, Ban. The game Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox Series X|S) is not compatible with Xbox One X or Xbox One S, only on Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S consoles.
Thema:

XBOX Series X - Auto Update Not Working

1. XBOX Series X - Auto Update Not Working - Similar Threads - Series Auto Update

2. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  3. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  4. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  5. Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?: I'm wondering if adjusting the HDR settings would conflict with auto HDR when playing games that features it. adf94f5f-1e53-4f3f-9c6e-1d7b653522ce
  6. My Series X disconnects from the internet when switched off resulting in no auto updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X disconnects from the internet when switched off resulting in no auto updates.: Whenever i power down my series X it disconnects from the internet. i have it set up for auto updates and downloads but none of this is possible. When switched on it auto connects to the network...
  7. TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV auto restart issue with XBOX Series X: Hi All, My XBOX Series X is having a strange issue. Whichever TV we connect and play after a while the TV starts behaving in a weird way. It keeps automatically restarting and keeps doing it...
  8. How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?: How do I disable the auto save system in Cyberpunk 2077? I am playing the game on Xbox Series X and the game is auto saving once a minute. The auto save system is wearing out my SSD really fast...
  9. Why are captures auto deleted from an external drive on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are captures auto deleted from an external drive on the Xbox Series X: I captured a 55 minute clip onto my external hard drive yesterday. After that I went off and when I powered my console back on today the clip was gone. I didn't delete it and I watched it...
  10. with the Grand Theft Auto V (xbox series X|S) bundle, does it include the online Optimised...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    with the Grand Theft Auto V (xbox series X|S) bundle, does it include the online Optimised...: im about to purchase the Gta x|s edition for new gen and im curious if it comes with the online new gen edition? 4b9a3326-a5b7-4a0b-ba85-23d2dce2c0f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x not keeping games up to date

2. xbox series x auto updates not working