Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

Discus and support Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with my xbox series X audio passthrough. It works with my other apps amazon prime , vudu hbo max. But with netflix and disney... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Wicked Oso TDG, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

Hello,

I have an issue with my xbox series X audio passthrough. It works with my other apps amazon prime , vudu hbo max. But with netflix and disney + it doesnt show passthrough . I have deleted the apps and reinstalled them and still have the same issue. I've also rebotted my xbox and have the same problem . Can you help please. Thank you

:)

Wicked Oso TDG, Dec 7, 2022
  2. sairuthwick Win User

Xbox Series S Audio Passthrough is still broken and it doesn't work for Netflix.

Geri,

I have the same issue on my Xbox Series X. Audio passthrough works perfectly fine with Disney+, Amazon Prime and Plex. When it comes to Netflix, it doesn't activate passthrough creating audio problems while playing Atmos content. The titles display Dolby Atmos, but there is no voice, only background music and sounds are played.
  3. David Allen8 Win User

Series X Audio Passthrough still not working

Having the same issue. On my Series X and S yhe Passthrough will be checked but it does not bitstream the content that it reads. Disney+ Max and Netflix do not pass the audio to my receiver. Stuck with PCM no Dolby Digital passthrough! Been looking for a solution for 3 months now!!
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Wicked Oso TDG,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi Wicked Oso TDG,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we apologize for the inconvenience. As per description, Audio Passthrough not showing on Netflix and Disney+. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you.

However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions about it.

1. Is it happening on Steam or Xbox app?
    2. Have you check the settings if all are good?
    3. Is this the first time you encountered the issue?
    Kindly let us know for us to sort it out.

You may also visit these articles for more information about your concern. Xbox Audio Passthrough | Xbox Support

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. FridgeJayson Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I am having the same issue, I can only get Dolby Surround or Stereo while using Netflix. Prime & Disney play Atmos fine.

Xbox audio settings are correct and on Atmos w/passthrough. AVR is a Denon AVRX4700H w/7.1.2
    I have that exact same reciever with my Series X hooked to it and same problem. Prime and Disney transmit Atmos but everything on Netflix that has Atmos and Vision on sends the Vision but Atmos reverts to Surround. It's really annoying to the point I don't watch Netflix anymore.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app - Similar Threads - Series Audio Passthrough

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  4. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  5. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  7. Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio: Hey, this has been happening for a while on my stream. Usually re opening the party fixes it but not today. So turning here for advice. Basicly. Game audio and my own voice come through clearly,...
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  9. Xbox Series S and X Passthrough Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S and X Passthrough Audio Issue: The passthrough audio to receiver feature is not working as intended. Disney+, Max, Netflix do not bitstream out Dolby Digital formats to my receiver. It’s only stuck on PCM while playing movies....
  10. Series X Audio Passthrough still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Audio Passthrough still not working: Hi, This is sounding like a broken record now. The Audio Passthrough on the series X/S is STILL not working. I have the setting checked on in the audio options and it doesn't matter what app I...